Field Coordinator Assistant HND / BA / BSc Job2024-01-17 08:00 Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Lagos 113 views
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation.
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of - the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information.
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Follow all movements within Zamfara State and other States if necessary even during week end and public holidays to ensure security of the staff and SI assets
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports.
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings
- Studies: Bachelor's Degrees in Law / Public Administration or similar backgrounds
- Experience: Minimum of two-years’ experience as Field Coordinator Assistant or in humanitarian security role
- IT: Good Knowledge of MS Office Word, Power-Point, and advance MS Office Excel knowledge
- Language: Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa ability to read and write
- Interpersonal Skill: A good listener, a good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to deliver high quality outputs in a timely manner
- Good understanding of northwest humanitarian context
- Preferably indigenous of Zamfara State or Northwest States.
What we offer
Salary + food & housing contribution + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance - covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select Field Coordinator Assistant, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be names with your first name and surname.
Solidarités International (SI) is determined to prevent and fight all type of abuse all act of exploitation, abuse and/or sexual harassment (SEAH) against members of beneficiary communities or collaborators, fraud, corruption, violation of persons and/or property, funding of activities harmful to human rights that could be perpetrated in the frame of its interventions. SI implements a zero-tolerance policy regarding acts of SEAH. Solidarités International is an equitable employer committed to find all forms of discrimination. SI will never ask for any remuneration to take part in a recruitment process.