Farm Administrator HND / BA / BSc Job2 weeks ago - Agriculture / Agro-Allied Jobs - Osu - 67 views
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Administrator
Location: Gbogan, Osun
Employment Type: Full Time
Overall Purpose of Job
- To ensure the effective planning, organizing and day-to-day operation of all farm enterprises, including the management of the Farm records and the effective management of Farm budgets and bookkeeping.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be resident in Osun state, preferably in Gbogan.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Upkeep of Entry level scheme, movement records, cattle passports etc
- Book keeping and invoicing
- Diary organising and PA to farm manager
- Input crop information into Gatekeeper, analyse data and carryout mapping and variable application plans as required
- Future planning of farm business, analysing capital expenditure and cost savings
- Be willing to assist on farm if and when required
- Other varied duties as required.
Qualifications / Training
- Bachelor's Degree or HND in Agriculture Economics, Business Administration or related subjects is desirable.
- At least three years General Farm Management and Administrator
- Experience of developing and implementing farm strategy and business proposals
- Staff Management
- Business and Financial Management
- Management of Livestock and Arable enterprises
- Precision agriculture systems.
- Ability to direct, coordinate and monitor workers activities, crop & animal management and production activities.
- Ability to assist in planning and preparing the finance reports, setting up budget limit for various farm activities, and maintaining the farm activities in agreement with the budgeted parameters.
- Ability to record information, such as finance report, production, farm management practices, and parent stock, and prepares operational reports.
- Ability to purchase, utilize and maintain machinery, equipment, and supplies.
- Ability to meet production yield, confer with purchasers, arrange for sale of crops and meet sales target.
- Strict Compliance to farms standards and policies for e.g. health, safety, product quality, property and asset management and environment.
- Any other assigned duties or responsibilities related to the farm’s operation.
- Ability to work with people of all levels
- Helpful and enthusiastic
- Motivation to work with children and young people.
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours and appropriate attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate participative processes.
- Independence, objectivity and integrity.
- Organized, methodic and meticulous.
- Develops, motivates and coaches direct reports.
- Promotes innovation and learning.
- Gain develop and retain credibility about his/her Performance.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice:
- Good management skills
- Good team player
- Good negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially excel and pivot tables.
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Good accounting, analytical and judgement skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- English, Yoruba and other Nigerian languages are important assets.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Internally: Working closely with the Executive Director, collaborating with other functions-business development, HR, program, communications & Marketing to ensure that Finance processes are integrated and aligned.
- Externally: Effective communications with government revenue office, PCF’s partners and other stakeholders as deemed necessary.
- While the above is a description of the essential functions of the position,other duties maybeassigned. This job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
- The position will be based in Osun State Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should send no more than 4 page CV and Cover Letter in one document
- All applications must include the position title, location in the subject line.
- Applicants are advisedto provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letteras well asthree professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouragedto apply.
- PCF has a HR policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- Please note that only short-listed candidates willbe contactedfor interviews
We are recruiting to fill the position