Facility Maintenance in Milan, Missouri | Careers at Milan, MO Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Milan - 130 views
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
Responsible for maintaining the Facility and Grounds. This position requires the basic knowledge of General Maintenance and Mechanical components of a manufacturing facility. The associate must be able to work in a team environment, or individually with little or no supervision. Must comply with all Company safety rules (Lockout/Tagout, etc.), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP'S), and all Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations.
- Maintains buildings, equipment, and grounds in top condition to ensure full and productive use of all facilities.
- Performs painting of interior and exterior surfaces, including equipment.
- Insulates Pipes
- Operates and maintains a variety of hand and power tools and equipment related to work activities.
- Observes safe work methods and uses safety equipment; secures worksites from safety hazards as necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Must have experience in Plumbing, Carpentry, Building Interiors and Small Equipment.
- Must be able to work in 10 to 100-degree temperature.
- Must be able to work without constant supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- Shows initiative by volunteering readily, undertaking self-development activities, and seeking out increased responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wet and/or humid.
- Moving mechanical parts.
- Extreme cold.
- Electrical and/or vibration shock.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
We offer opportunities for advancement, academic scholarships, and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We Foster a Welcoming Workplace.
With a goal of maintaining low employee injury rates, we prioritize the health, safety, learning and development and well-being of our employees.