Expeditor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Olathe - 153 views
Key responsibilities include resolving issues from and for customers, suppliers, vendors, shipping lines, sales representatives and SPX employees in regards to aftermarket transactions. This position is involved with problem resolution for escalated expediting issues. The incumbent works with suppliers to secure optimal ship dates and to ensure that suppliers send shipping information immediately after shipments are sent. Success in this position requires the ability to be self-reliant, proactively anticipate and address issues, and quickly react to complex issues based on a thorough understanding of relevant variables. The successful incumbent has excellent communication skills in order to work with suppliers on a daily basis. Additionally, the incumbent must be able to work at a fast but accurate pace and must be organized to ensure timely delivery of parts.
- Receive, review and approve purchase orders
- Process standard orders through the system (QTC to SAP)
- Schedule and align shipping dates to minimize deliveries and optimize on-time shipping
- Communicate shipping and delivery instructions with plant and field sales
- Handle customer service calls regarding orders
- Provide shipment notification to customers and representatives
- Communicate delays to respective customers
- Resolve expediting issues with suppliers, plants and warehouses
- Reconcile internal order holds and help resolve contract issues
- Process supplemental shipments due to wrong or missing items;
- Identify areas impacting on time shipping works collaborative to rectify
- Support Rep and Inside Sales team to satisfy QMS action items
- Prioritize orders based on customer need and plant capacity
- Follow up on all orders to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work collaboratively with shipping, planning, and other departments in plant environment
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Manufacturing and/or logistics experience preferred
Certifications, Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong skills in SAP or other ERP system
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand the relationship between customer needs and order fulfillment process
- Proactive problem solving skills and initiative
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and fulfilling orders through multiple distribution channels preferred
- Ability to quickly and accurately process high volumes of transactions
- Ability to effectively manage rapidly changing priorities without compromising quality or thoroughness
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, standing, and walking
- Ability to read effectively from a computer screen and/or a paper copy
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works between an office and plant environment with exposure to varying degrees of heat and noise
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.