Executive Director - Valley Charter Schools Bachelor's Degree Job1 year ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Los Angeles - 269 views
Valley Charter School is seeking a passionate, inspiring Executive Director who will build upon the schools’ success and take the organization to the “next level.” Critical success factors for the executive director include:
- Creating a compelling vision for the future of the organization that is aligned with our mission, tradition and design elements
- Facilitating the completion of a new site for the middle school (due to be completed in Fall 2021)
- Building systems and networks for student recruitment in the San Fernando Valley
- Supporting school leaders to hire, develop and retain exceptional, constructivist educators
- Preparing the organization for future growth (additional schools and/or creation of a professional development center)
The Executive Director will supervise, evaluate and support VCS principals. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and be responsible for fulfilling the mission of the organization and continue to build long-term sustainability. The Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and refining strategic goals that will guide the work at Valley Charter, including defining the organizations’ growth strategy and establishing clear benchmarks to measure progress and performance.
- Serving as an engaging and visionary storyteller of Valley Charter’s achievements and future goals.
- Building awareness and support by engaging with all stakeholders, including school leaders, faculty, staff, parents, charter community colleagues, current and prospective funders and strategic partners.
- Managing complex projects including the delivery of a new school facility.
- Developing systems for recruiting, developing, managing and retaining high-quality personnel.
- Ensuring operational integrity including compliance with all applicable laws, regulatory reporting, contractual obligations, and successful charter renewals.
- Overseeing the fiscal health of the organization for effective operation and long-terms sustainability.
- Supporting fundraising efforts from all stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the five VCS design elements provide the blueprint for instruction and operation at the schools.
The ideal candidate will embrace the Valley Charter mission and have extensive management experience with a record of success executing strategic priorities, assembling, leading and collaborating with a team of talented professionals, and creatively tapping a wide range of resources. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and demonstrated commitment to ensure high academic achievement for diverse student communities.
- Successful management experience with a track record of managing growth and change.
- Ability to effectively assemble and motivate a team of professionals to achieve ambitious and measurable results.
- Ability to develop meaningful and collegial relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Familiarity with LAUSD and California charter community.
- Skill to creatively seek solutions through a collaborative process.
- A valid teaching and administrative credential.
- Experience as a classroom teacher and administrator, working with diverse student populations and the charter school environment, is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Please submit a letter of intent and resume or CV online. All materials will be acknowledged and treated confidentially.
16514 Nordhoff Street, Los Angeles, CA 91343