Executive Director - St. Petersburg Arts Alliance Bachelor's Degree Job2 months ago - Other categories - Florida Ridge - 147 views
SPAA is seeking an Executive Director to lead the multidisciplinary nonprofit arts and cultural organization located in St. Petersburg, Florida. The Board of Director’s is looking for an enthusiastic, business-minded, arts administrator to lead the organization into its next decade of continued growth and success. The individual will possess a combination of business acumen, entrepreneurship, sophisticated fund raising and development skills while also demonstrating strategic thinking, cultural sensitivity and a passion for arts and culture.
Working with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will drive strategic direction, provide leadership over the organization’s programs and activities, lead and develop part-time staff. The individual will maintain positive relationships with arts organizations, members, patrons, public officials, donors and key community leaders to foster growth and fulfill its mission in the community.
Board of Directors
- Provides innovative leadership and direction to effectively execute the Alliance’s mission, vision and values while meeting annual goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements the organization’s Strategic Plan and annual action plans in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Develops effective working relationships with organizations, businesses and government entities to ensure that the arts in are represented in city and countywide plans and strategies.
- Stays informed of arts-related trends, issues, events, and developments locally, regionally, and nationally through professional contacts, conferences, board affiliations and peer interactions.
- Develops, implements, and supervises programs and services that are consistent with the organization’s mission and strategic plan and meet constituent needs
- Hires, supervises, motivates, develops and evaluates staff. Builds team cohesion to foster a climate of supportive collaboration and high performance
- Plans and implements effective and consistent communications within the organization to ensure a focused effort and well-coordinated activities.
- Develops an annual budget and financial strategies for approval by the Board.
- Oversees the management of all funds, consistent with the organization’s accounting system
- Clearly articulates and interprets the organization’s financial statements including; the 990, Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet
- Ensures consistency between programmatic objectives and available resources.
- Works with staff to ensure the achievement of all operational and financial targets.
Communications and Advocacy
- Serves as the chief spokesperson for the Arts Alliance to the media and at public events to communicate the value of supporting the arts.
- Advocates for arts programming at the local, county and state level, communicating the message that arts are socio-economic drivers.
- Maintains close working relationships with our arts community’s constituents, including, higher educational institutions, school districts, arts districts, funding organizations, media, arts groups, and leaders in the community
- As chief fundraiser, the ED executes funding requests through a variety of channels.
- Works with the board to ensure a sustainable funding base for the organization.
- Sets fundraising goals, creates strategies and targets for all donor segments, with a focus on growing unrestricted support from individuals and other sources.
- Keeps the Board of Directors informed of operations and any critical matters; provides timely and concise financial and fundraising assessments.
- In partnership with the Board Chair, coordinates efforts of board committees and task forces; develops board meeting agendas, schedules, retreats and other activities.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures as requested by the board of directors; implements approved board policies, program goals and objectives.
- Assists the board in identifying and recruiting new members whose talents, backgrounds and commitment are aligned with the Alliance mission.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with an emphasis on nonprofit management or arts administration is preferred
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years full time, successful, experience in nonprofit management with significant experience in the arts.
- Prior experience as Executive Director is preferred
- Mastery of the following platforms, programs, and software: Apple Computers, Google Drive, QuickBooks, Wild Apricot, Mail Chimp, Adobe and the Microsoft suite.
This salary range for this position is $70,000 - $80,000, two weeks PTO. Does not include any medical or retirement benefits.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Resume should be chronological and include all professional education and experience, dates of employment (month and year), position/title, and organization names.
St. Petersburg Arts Alliance