Executive Director, Global Pricing Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Chester - 144 views
***This positon can be based from the Toronto or Chesterfield, MO office***
The Executive Director, Global Pricing will collaborate with the VP and Corporate Actuary to maintain and enhance the RGA pricing model. Provide oversight of the RGA pricing process and support business units on pricing transactions consistent with RGA's global pricing guidelines. Lead and/or contribute to projects related to the RGA pricing model and maintain an active, visible role in continually improving the model.
- Lead and/or contribute to projects to update RGA's pricing model. Work with the VP & Corporate Actuary to ensure that the pricing model is consistent with RGA's strategy and in line with industry best practices.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of global pricing guidelines, including socializing guidance with business units, presenting to and participating in Pricing Standards Group meetings, and maintaining the RGA global pricing guidance repository.
- Lead and/or assist in the review of large or unusual transactions on behalf of the corporate pricing function. Peer review transactions from business units for consistency with corporate pricing guidelines.
- Act as a resource to pricing teams by answering questions and interpreting guidance related to the pricing model.
- Support individual pricing audits as a subject matter expert to ensure adherence to global pricing guidelines and best practices.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance and perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics or related field
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or equivalent
- 7+ years experience in life or health insurance and/or reinsurance
- 3+ years experience in life/annuity pricing and/or product development
- Advanced technical skills related to simulation of cash flows, income statement, and balance sheet at both product and corporate level
- Familiarity with economic and regulatory capital models (BSCR, RBC, LICAT, Solvency II, Rating Agencies, etc.)
- International experience with a variety of risks that RGA is actively pursuing including mortality, morbidity, policy holder behavior and interest rate
- GGY AXIS and/or FIS Prophet experience
- Enterprise risk management experience
- Stochastic modeling and/or asset liability management experience
Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of design, risks and critical assumptions relating to a broad array of life, annuity and other protection products.
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including spreadsheets, actuarial software, and database applications.
- Advanced actuarial technical skills and an ability to detect and explain sources of variation from expectations in terms of key drivers.
- Advanced ability to model various reinsurance structures and designs.
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Expert level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, drive projects to completion, and make timely and effective decisions.
- Skills in customer relationship management and change management.
- Persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers to resolve issues/problems.
- Intermediate project management skills.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful, well received and tailored to the audience
- Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
|apply nowapply now|
Smart people work smarter when they are empowered – when they use logic, but embrace creative problem solving; when their curiosity is encouraged to further innovation; and when they are recognized for seeking out the unknown. It is with this philosophy that RGA has built a business and engaged a workforce inspired to transform the insurance industry.