Executive Director At Old North Foundation BSc - MSc Job8 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Boston - 374 views
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and leads the development and implementation of initiatives and programs that broaden the visibility and support of Old North Church and its historical significance. The Executive Director is a relationship builder, an ambassador, and a fund raiser for Old North. The Executive Director is responsible for the financial management, interpretation, preservation, maintenance and sustainability of the historic site as an educational resource to visitors and as an historical tourist destination.
The successful candidate for this position will have a history of success with an organization leading fund development, fiscal management, staff leadership, acuity, and marketing and creative talents. S/he will bring professional experience to lead the organization through a fresh strategic planning process that will set the stage for ONF for years to come.
· Ability to serve as the public spokesperson and collaborate with local historical sites/organizations to enhance local and national interest in Old North Church, the Boston Freedom Trail, Boston tourism and history more broadly.
· Proven fundraising leadership record for campaigns and capital projects. Must be comfortable sharing the Old North story and building a robust development effort for the organization.
· Experience with all facets of fund development for operations, programs, and capital projects from a wide variety of public, corporate, and individual sources.
· Demonstrated record as an effective manager and team builder with experience hiring, promoting, and managing a talented professional staff and cohort of committed volunteers.
· Experience working with an active and engaged Board of Directors. Ability to assist in the selection, evaluation, and orientation of new Board members.
· Oversight of annual and multiyear budgets. Ability to work in partnership with the Board to develop, review, and update the organization’s strategic plan and associated revenue streams.
· Capacity to serve as a bridge builder and partner with Christ Church in the City of Boston, and with community organizations, to communicate the site’s vision and values for students, local businesses and community leaders, visitors, historians, and anthropologists.
· A passion and enthusiasm for US history.
· Enthusiastic and skilled cultivator and steward of prospect and donor relationships.
· Embraces change, takes initiative and shapes organizational direction.
· Superior organizational and interpersonal skills including ability to work cooperatively with Board members, donors, staff, partners, and volunteers.
· Excellent communication skills including public speaking, writing, persuasion and negotiation.
· Bachelors/Master’s degree and/or relevant leadership experience.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
193 Salem Street, Boston, MA 02113