Executive Director - AntiRacism Institute Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - California City - 52 views
The AntiRacism Institute is seeking a highly experienced, entrepreneurial executive to be Executive Director of our new non-profit in San Diego, California. This opportunity to build a brand new organization will appeal to an ambitious professional who is passionate about racial equity.
While we are a new organization, we have laid substantial groundwork on which to build The Institute:
- The principals who established The Institute have a background of four years’ study and training delivery in the antiracism field.
- We have an initial funding commitment from donors for $300,000 and a realistic potential for $1,000,000 by the end of fiscal 2021.
- We have significant ongoing community connections and resources.
Our Board of Directors
Together with our new Executive Director we will co-create the job description and a business plan capable of guiding the organization to measurably advancing The Institute’s mission. In addition, our Executive Director is responsible for:
- Development and implementation of our education and racial justice programs
- Strategic planning and goal setting for all aspects of the organization’s activities
- Hiring, building and leading a lean staff
- Promotion of The Institute locally and nationally
- Engaging stakeholders
- Planning and management of financial and oversight systems, budgets and reporting
- Compliance with Bylaws and IRS requirements for 501(c)3 nonprofit
- General administration of the organization
Our Executive Director will be the public face of our organization. Candidates must have 3-5 years of managing a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. The position will require energy, passion, innovation, communication proficiency, management expertise and a deep awareness of the root causes of systemic racism in America. Familiarity with “social enterprise” and fundraising experience are preferred. Candidates must convey vision, integrity, courage, intelligence, creativity, energy and humor equal to the challenges of this demanding position. Board, public and community relationships will be key to our future success.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with education and experience.
Our Executive Director position is full time in San Diego CA.
How to Apply
As a first step in helping us to identify our new Executive Director, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in a SINGLE PDF DOCUMENT:
- Your professional résumé.
- A letter of interest explaining why you feel you are the ideal fit for this position.
- Up to three pages consisting of your “plan” to bring detail to the programs outlined on our website.