Executive Assistant First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) Job5 months ago - Other categories - Rochester - 111 views
As the Executive Assistant (EA), you assist the Executive Director (ED) of the Institute for Innovative Education (IIE) by performing a wide variety of complex administrative tasks requiring initiative, independent judgment, and exceptional customer service. You are enthusiastic, motivated, and adaptable. You work with little supervision on daily assignments and must be able to take initiative in all tasks.
You enjoy working in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment, with passionate team members. You are focused on quality and execution and can serve as a trusted partner to the ED in how she prioritizes her day. You report to the ED and help her tackle day-to-day tasks that keep her on track and enhance her effectiveness. You have a high stress tolerance, and you possess both reliability and consistency. Being able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion is essential for success in this position.
You oversee the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of a multifaceted program/project typically consisting of a set of closely related subprograms or associated activities. You dedicate approximately one-half your effort to program management, serving as a coordinator between multiple projects to be sure they're benefiting each other and aligning with overall business goals. You prepare reports and presentations, and you communicate with internal and external partners/stakeholders, working with them to assure work completion.
This position has frequent deadlines and requires the need for close attention to detail; anticipating the need for and procurement of background material; problem solving, working both independently and as a team member; prioritizing immediate and long-term tasks and effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously; preparing routine and non-routine correspondence and reports; and heavily interacting with faculty and staff.
This role offers exposure to different areas of tech, requires cross-functional collaboration with Medical Center leadership, and opportunities to drive special projects and strategic initiatives. You work within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in health care education and continuous learning. You leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted Medical Center. Your contributions influence thinking and have an impact on the future.
Support the Executive Director of the Institute for Innovative Education in all her responsibilities, including: Associate Dean for Innovative Education; Professor, Department of Surgery; Professor of Medical Humanities and Bioethics; Professor of Clinical Nursing; Macy Faculty Scholar.
- Leveraging knowledge, creativity, and critical thinking skills, you compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, presentation handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. You create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing events within budget.
- Oversee and coordinate the Annual Team Based Care Symposium (estimated over 200 participants, full day educational event for IIE and PEI) in collaboration with the Educational Programming Team.
- Process a variety of financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with customers.
- Manage finance (invoices and reimbursements).
- Coordinate full team meetings and newsletters.
- Coordinate University-wide committees such as the Innovate in Education Strategic Planning, Educational IT Governance Committee, and the Institute for Innovative Education Board of Directors
Oversee the operational planning, establishment, execution, and evaluation of affiliated programs or initiatives. Ensure compliance with university, state, and federal policies and regulations, and alignment with program and institute goals. Provide technical and/or professional coordination and leadership in the execution of day-to-day program/project activities. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as Study Coordinator for High Performing Teams: SIMulation for Operating Room Safety (SIMORS): 1/2 -day Continuing Medical Education (CME)/Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) certified educational programming sessions which aim to optimize operating room team effectiveness with the ultimate goal of a safer OR and improvements in patient outcomes.
- Administrate four or more 1/2 -day sessions a month in collaboration with the IIE Simulation Team
- Manage external communications from the team to participants (invitations, pre-learning, reminders, debriefs)
- Coordinate Continuing Education (CE) Credits (CME/CNE) with certification offices
- Support the project team of faculty, nurse managers, simulation specialists
- Requires obtaining IRB study coordinator certification for the University of Rochester
- Serve as Administrator for grant-funded and other special projects, such as UR Pursuing Excellence Initiative
- Plan and coordinate special events, such as dinners for over one hundred URMC employees including Senior Leadership (SMD Dean, Chief Medical Officer of SMH, URMC VP, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate regularly recurring events for teams and Senior Leadership. Examples include (but are not limited to):
- Welcome Luncheon
- Two-day retreats (two full days, twice a year)
- Cohort quarterly meetings (at least four 3-hour meetings per year)
- Structure agendas for each event based on Leadership Team meetings.
- Reserve venues, coordinate catering, and organize all other aspects of the events including materials, environmental services, and specific dietary and personal requests from attendees.
- Ensure compliance with CME/CNE requirements and guarantee participants receive credits in a timely manner.
- Oversee electronic communications
- Answer or triage email questions from cohorts
- Create and send invitations and instructive emails to cohorts
- Provide personalized emails to SMD dean's office to be sent out on his behalf, welcoming the cohort participants and congratulating them
- Provide tailored personalized emails to the Residency Program Directors, Department Chairs, congratulating resident and faculty participants
- Oversee and/or coordinate the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data; develop, write, and present comprehensive statistical and narrative program reports.
- Manage contract, grant, and/or state funding; approve and monitor budget expenditures; prepare budget revisions; provide interim status reports on all accounts; oversee, coordinate, and/or assist with proposal writing to develop additional funding.
- Produce, develop, advertise, and market project(s) in various media; develop teaching materials, handouts, news releases, pamphlets, and brochures.
Participate in professional activities
- Actively participate in IIE staff meetings or ad hoc teams, as needed.
- Serve on appropriate URMC committees or groups, as needed.
- Grow expertise in software and hardware technologies, as well as wide range of systems, applications, and customized needs in support of education, research, and Medical Center initiatives.
College graduation or an equivalent combination of experience and training. 1 year of relevant administrative experience
Masters, prefer healthcare related. At least three years of administrative experience in an academic setting.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
|apply nowapply now|