Executive Assistant - Safe Passage Project Corporation Relevant Educational Qualifications Job6 months ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - New York City - 161 views
About the Role
Safe Passage Project seeks a mission-driven individual to serve as our Executive Assistant. Focused on supporting the Executive Director to maximize their capacity and impact, the Executive Assistant will play a key role in moving the organization’s priorities forward efficiently and effectively.
An ideal candidate is someone who is excited by a wide range of big picture and more technical work, is excellent at juggling competing priorities, and is energized by working on details and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone eager to learn about the nuts and bolts of a growing, well-respected organization and make an impact in the immigration field.
The Executive Assistant will support the Executive Director and report to the Director of People and Operations. They can expect to collaborate closely with the organization’s department heads, the People and Operations team, and the Safe Passage Project Board.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as internal and external point of contact for Executive Director
- Maximize the Executive Director’s time by managing administrative tasks including overseeing their calendar and completing monthly expense reports
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure successful planning, preparation and execution for Board meetings and ongoing Board relations
- Support the planning, execution, and follow up for monthly all-staff meetings and other internal meetings
- Build a consistent research function, including data analysis, supporting with benchmarking efforts, and preparing briefs in advance of external meetings
- Lead additional special and administrative projects
- Contribute to Safe Passage Project’s internal culture and growing diversity, equity, and inclusion goals, ensuring that their work aligns to the organization’s goals and values.
What You Bring to the Role:
- 2+ years experience supporting high-level leaders in an executive assistant or special projects role.
- Excellent communication skills. This role will need to clearly communicate with internal and external stakeholders in both oral and written form. The ability to be clear, concise, professional and shift tone based on setting is necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. The ideal candidate has proven experience meeting deadlines and is meticulous about completing assignments with high degrees of accuracy.
- Flexibility. In a fast-paced organization, this role will often need to shift focus as needed and work through ambiguity with minimal direction or guidance. You’re able to take in a range of information at different levels of urgency and importance and ensure progress moves on many fronts at once.
- Growth Mentality. The idea candidate is constantly seeking out new information, alternative methods and perspective, and isn’t afraid to shift and stumble as they grow.
- High Integrity. This role will be exposed to significant amounts of information and treats it with discretion. You will be asked to make sensitive and critical judgement calls and must be willing to take that responsibility seriously.
- Low Ego. You have a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves, customer service mindset. You possess humility and grit, and will take on “lower level” and “higher level” work based on what needs to be done.
Safe Passage project offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. In addition, Safe Passage Project offers a flexible work environment, including the opportunity to work from home, flexible hours, unlimited time off, and 12 weeks paid family leave. The team works on a beautiful campus at a terrific office location in Tribeca and every employee has access to support for professional development. Safe Passage Project is proud to have a top-down, bottom-up commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
How to Apply
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Executive Assistant.” When preparing your resume, please keep your degree(s) (e.g. B.A., Subject) but remove the name of your school(s) from your resume.