Executive Assistant at Screen Actors Guild Foundation Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - Los Angeles - 299 views
Reports to: Executive Director (Equivalent of a Chief Executive Officer) and COO/Managing Director
Since 1985, the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists Foundation has been actively supporting SAG-AFTRA members through the highs and lows that come with being a professional performer. As a 501(c)3 national non-profit, the Foundation provides training, education and other resources to help both new and veteran professionals refine their craft and offers avenues of assistance when medical and personal crises strike. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation understands that performing artists live and work in a rapidly changing world, and it is imperative that actors, voiceover artists, broadcasters, dancers, and others understand evolving industry trends, are provided the tools necessary to navigate these changes successfully, and are given the opportunity to improve as they continue through their careers. In addition, the Foundation is committed to promoting children’s literacy through our outward facing Storyline Online program.
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer.,
Provides administrative support to the Executive Director and Chief Operating Offier. This role requires in-depth knowledge of nonprofit business operations, development and event production. Candidates must be extremely organized and polished and have the ability to handle details of a highly confidential and sensitive nature. A love of the performing arts would be very helpful.
Essential Duties Include:
• Coordinate Executive Office Duties - Provide full administrative support to ensure that the office of the Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer operate in an efficient manner. Duties include generating letters and emails, responding to requests for information, preparing reports, organizing files, coordinating meetings & presentations, processing expense reimbursements, managing contracts and organizing their calendar, travel & accommodations.
• Board of Directors Liaison: Provide all logistical and document preparation support for meetings of the Board of Directors, Committees, affiliated Boards of Directors, and any governance task force or advisory bodies as directed by the ED (and other staff members who support various Board committee meetings). Record and prepare minutes for Board and committee meetings. Prepare, maintain and archive resolutions and other corporate documents.
• Events Support: Assist with executing fundraising and donor cultivation events & auctions including planning, day-of execution, and post-event follow up.
• Operates email, Outlook calendar, maintains information systems and databases, and performs other semi-automated administrative support tasks within the organization
• Ensures the Executive Director and COO/Managing Director 's phones are covered consistently throughout the day and is capable of responding to inquiries in a high level manner or determining the importance of interrupting the Executive Director and/or COO/Managing Director for a personal response
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Must have attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and be highly organized
• Must have excellent follow-through skills
• Must have very thorough research aptitude and the ability to work nimbly
• Advanced knowledge of G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent judgment and sharp business decision competence
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able work independently and manage multiple projects concurrently
• Takes pride in their work and appearance
• Candidates must have 5-7 years of proven experience assisting high level executives in areas of administration, business operations, , fundraising and events (specifically related to large scale, high profile events)
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM LOCAL CANDIDATES WHO MEET ALL QUALIFICATIONS.
PLEASE SEND THE FOLLOWING:
• A COVER LETTER THAT EXPLAINS YOUR PASSION FOR BEING AN EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AND WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS PARTICULAR OPPORTUNITY
• RESUME (IN MS WORD OR PDF FORMAT)
• SALARY REQUIREMENTS
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND REQUESTED INFORMATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
The SAG-AFTRA Foundation is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits include: full health coverage (medical, dental, vision, mental), pension, 401K, 7 hour day is full-time, PTO.
How to Apply
Must include cover letter and resume.
5757 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036