Education Coordinator Bachelor's Degree Job5 months ago - Education / Teaching Job - Quincy - 148 views
The Education Coordinator works closely with the Director of Education to coordinate and maintain current Wade Institute programs, provide programmatic and administrative support for these programs, and assist with developing new initiatives. This is a full-time position based in Quincy, MA with some travel throughout Massachusetts.
Director of Education
- Assist the Director of Education with development, implementation and management of Wade Institute programs.
- Assist with administration of Wade Institute programs including record keeping, preparing program certificates, coordinating logistics, and evaluation.
- Provide instruction for programs both virtually and face-to-face.
- Assist with organizing and presenting workshops and conference presentations for teachers, museum educators and informal educators.
- Attend networking events to promote Wade Institute programs and goals.
- Serve as the liaison for the Wade Institute to institutions of higher education providing graduate credit for Wade Institute graduate courses.
- Assist with marketing and promoting of Wade Institute programs and resources.
- Assist with mailings, record keeping and other office tasks as required.
- Communicate and coordinate with external partners under the guidance of the Director of Education.
- Assist in the development of new programs and instructional activities as needs demand and resources allow.
- Bachelors Degree in education, science or related field; Masters Degree preferred
- Formal and/or informal teaching experience using inquiry based, hands-on methods
- Experience with program development and delivery of professional learning programs or training programs for formal and/or informal educators
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively and in a team
- Familiarity of National and Massachusetts education issues and STEM initiatives
- Working knowledge of NGSS and MA STE Standards
- Willingness to travel to meetings throughout MA
- Knowledge of Schoology learning platform desirable
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000 depending on experience
Closing Date: September 11, 2020
How to Apply
For further information about the Wade Institute for Science Education, visit www.wadeinstitutema.org.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wade Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Wade Institute for Science Education
Note: Currently the Wade Institute staff are working remotely.