Early Childhood Instructor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Tacoma - 178 views
Responsible for preparing and teaching courses in the early childhood: emphasis on children with special needs program for the Health, Business and Professional Services Division at Tacoma Community College. This position reports directly to the Dean for Health, Business and Professional Services.
- Prepare and teach courses in the Early Childhood program with an emphasis on children with special needs
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Masters degree in a relevant field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching in an early childhood program or special needs program.
- Experience teaching at a community college and/or the freshman & sophomore levels.
- Experience using online classroom platforms (Angel, Blackboard, etc.) as a classroom support and learning tool.
- Experience working with and teaching students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds, abilities and learning styles.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment.
The Successful Candidate will Demonstrate
- Competence to teach a variety of courses with an emphasis on English composition.
- Professional and courteous interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Flexible in the ability to achieve the instructional and general responsibilities of the position.
- Dynamic, non-traditional delivery methods to teach students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles.
- Experience using computers as an instructional aid in and out of the classroom to enhance learning.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Excellent customer service skills; including establishing, building, and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Ethics and integrity.
Application Material & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Cover letter and resume. In your cover letter indicate how your background and experience meets the qualifications for this position.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended.
Terms of Employment
This is a part-time faculty position contracted on a quarterly basis. Classes assigned to the successful candidate may be on campus, hybrid online, or fully online with an online learning management system (Canvas) component for some class materials. The salary for the 2019/2020 academic year is $862.93 per credit, which includes scheduled class time and final exam days, as well as time for class preparation, weekly office hours, and grading tasks in accordance with the Faculty Negotiated Agreement. A collective bargaining agreement exists, and membership in the TCC Federation of Teachers or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
(see application details) style="font-family: Verdana"> Benefits not applicable.