Dishwasher in Smithfield, Virginia | Careers at Taste of Smithfield, VA Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Smithfield - 7 views
Responsible for ensuring every piece of cutlery, flatware & cooking equipment is cleaned with the right amount of cleanser at the right temperature for the right length of time to maintain hygiene and prevent transmission of disease. Keeps the kitchen staff supplied with clean dishes, pots, pans, and utensils. Responsible for keeping the kitchen and guest restroom clean during shift, takes out trash, cleans floors, etc. and assists with minor food prep as needed.
- Wash dishes and operate dishwasher and triple sink to specifications to clean all chinaware, flatware, and cooking utensils.
- Scrub pots and pans.
- Perform cleaning duties including, but not limited to mopping and removing trash.
- Clean the dish pit at the end of each shift including mopping floor, and cleaning out dish machine.
- Performs other duties as assigned to include occasional minor food prep.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must have a Food Handler's Card or be willing to obtain one.
- Team player, willingness to take direction, strong work ethic.
- Genuine commitment to excellence, success & great service.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Kitchen environment with warm temperatures.
- Exposure to wet surfaces.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Work in close spaces.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time - up to 8+ hours.
- Frequent immersion of hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
We offer opportunities for advancement, academic scholarships, and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We Foster a Welcoming Workplace.
With a goal of maintaining low employee injury rates, we prioritize the health, safety, learning and development and well-being of our employees.