Director, PMO Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 weeks ago - Other categories - Milford - 113 views
The Director PMO is responsible for the overall leadership of the Subway PMO office, including key PMO functions related to Technology Planning & Portfolio Management, SDLC adoption, Process Governance & Oversight, Resource Management, and Release Management.
As a senior member of the Subway Technology team, the Director PMO will provide strategic direction and leadership for establishing and maturing key PMO processes critical to the success of Subway Strategic initiatives. The candidate is accountable for both Waterfall and Agile methodology governance, Program iteration planning sessions, and multi-year enterprise planning activities. The Director PMO also influences the performance of the Subway portfolios which comprise of highly complex, large-scale, corporate programs containing multiple IT strategic and infrastructure projects, all of which have a significant legal and/or financial impact on Subway FWH, IPC and BDA, and Franchisees worldwide.
The Director PMO will play an important role in talent development, educating and elevating the skillset of Subway project managers.
The PMO department provides transparency and consolidated reporting to senior IT Leadership, along with other senior stakeholders.
Candidates must have prior experience in leading enterprise or departmental PMOs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project Governance and Standards including Scope, Time and Budget management
- Standard project governance framework for all methodologies
- Implementation/turnover protocols
- Ensure projects adhere to company SDLC Standards
- Oversight of SDLC & key governance processes from Intake, prioritization, staffing to project closure, learnings and retrospectives. Own and drive key Project delivery methodologies, waterfall /Agile based
- Provide resource capacity planning and scenario modeling as part of developing the overall portfolio make up and prioritization of the programs and projects
- Partner across business functions and vendors to ensure alignment to process and proper dashboard reporting on program, portfolio and project status
- Build, lead, and coach Portfolio Managers to ensure alignment to prioritization governance and portfolio management aligned to Subway governance model
- Provide regular training and education around the PMO role, processes, governance, while continually improving and introducing new capabilities and improvements into the Subway environment
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities and gate approvals throughout the lifecycle of programs, projects in the portfolio. Ensure all initiatives assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Monitor projects to drive the PMO metrics; 90% on time, and 85% on budget, with quality
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
- Required - PMP or other project management certification. SAFe certification preferred
- 10+ years of work experience in Program Management and IT Delivery, preferably within Management Consulting or Fortune 500 companies. Candidates must have prior experience in leading enterprise or departmental PMOs
- Proficient in Program Management Office deliverables related to Program delivery, resource management, portfolio modeling and portfolio prioritization processes
- Understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
- Strong experience with SDLC in an Agile environment
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- In depth understanding of agile, SAFe and project management concepts
OUR WORK PERKS:
While we offer a competitive salary for the position, we also have additional perks you might enjoy, such as:
- Free breakfast & lunch - Subway of course!
- A gorgeous campus surrounded by walking trails and a relaxing lake - perfect for a mid-day break
- After work yoga - good for the body and mind
- Tuition reimbursement - for those who wish to further their education
The Company is only considering applicants who are currently authorized to work in the U.S.