Director of Strategic Risk Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Other categories - Birmingham - 32 views
The candidate selected for the Director of Strategic Risk will join a Birmingham based team but the position offers workplace flexibility including in office, hybrid and fully remote working options. Candidates outside of the Birmingham market are encouraged to apply.
This role will be highly visible to Protective Life's senior leadership and will report to the Vice President-Strategic Risk, who reports to the Chief Risk Officer. In this role the individual will work collaboratively with different functional areas within the organization, including (but not limited to) Treasury, Finance, Accounting, and Acquisitions. The individual in this role will also need to attend industry webcasts and conferences to stay on top of industry trends.
Protective is committed to growing through both our retail and acquisition channels. This growth will introduce new challenges as well as opportunities. The ERM team plays an important part in identifying risks and developing risk mitigation strategies. As such, this role will be exposed to both new product initiatives as well as M&A.
- Gather strategic insights on a regular basis around key competitor and industry trends.
- Work on competitive analysis with respect to strategic positioning and asset risk.
- Follow publicly-traded life insurers' quarterly earnings, analyze the results, and develop summary presentation that is shared with our senior management team.
- Support Acquisitions team, as needed, on M&A analysis.
- Work with Asset Risk team on investment analysis and providing peer analysis on investment strategy.
- Gather information from relevant internal teams to update quarterly Risk report.
- Work on annual strategic risk appetite process, including analyzing rating agency expectations and limits.
- Work with Risk team and ESG cross-functional team on climate-risk and ESG strategy development.
- Support VP and CRO to develop presentations that is delivered to senior management.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or a related field
- 5+ years of insurance industry experience
- Understanding of life insurance products and market trends
- Proven ability to analyze financial statements
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and technical skills
- Very strong communication - both speaking and writing - skills
- Preferably, experienced in presenting in a group setting
- Ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Team player with an ability to dive into new and complex problems
- Strong Microsoft office skills
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.