Director of Statutory Reporting Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Birmingham - 30 views
The individual selected for this role will oversee the statutory reporting and analysis function for Protective Life Insurance Company and subsidiaries, including management of the statutory financial reporting team members.
- Manage the preparation, review, and filings of statutory annual and quarterly statements for multiple life insurance companies and captive reinsurers to ensure compliance with State and National Association of Insurance Commissioners ("NAIC") regulatory guidelines, and present statutory results to senior management and the board of directors of the individual legal entities
- Manage the statutory analysis function, including working with segment/division accountants and actuaries
- Manage the disclosure of statutory financial information as used in both internal and external presentations
- Manage the statutory audit process, including working directly with external auditors to meet audit reporting deadlines and resolve issues, as needed
- Support statutory financial reporting and accounting activities in conjunction with the acquisition of other insurance companies or reinsurance of blocks of business
- Research new NAIC accounting policies and assist in ensuring effective reporting implementation
- Coordinate statutory correspondence with regulators and participate in examinations by State Insurance Departments
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining internal controls over statutory reporting for Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and Model Audit Rule compliance
- Lead and/or contribute to process improvement projects, assist with companywide strategic initiatives, and perform ad hoc analysis, as needed
- 8+ years of statutory financial reporting experience in the life insurance industry
- BS degree in accounting, MBA or Graduate Degree is a plus
- CPA Preferred
- Managerial experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet reporting deadlines
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Merger and acquisition experience a plus
- Familiarity with consolidation accounting and methodologies a plus
- Familiarity with U.S. GAAP accounting and reporting a plus
At Protective, we are committed to providing an inclusive culture where all employees fully contribute and thrive. We have always been a values-driven culture. Doing the right thing and serving people are part of our DNA, and we believe that valuing and embracing different backgrounds and perspectives is what makes us unique.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to being inclusive and attracting, retaining, and growing the talents of a diverse and inclusive workforce.