Director of Sales Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - Garner - 51 views
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Sales will be a visible model of leadership, managerial excellence, and integrity, and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Identifies strategic profitable growth opportunities and develops supporting business plans to successfully implement. Manages monthly, quarterly, and annual expense and revenue budgets.
- Is active participant in the company's strategic planning process and completes related activities and orders forecast in timely and accurate fashion.
- Support the development of distribution channel strategies that support market growth and penetration and ensure end user satisfaction. Works closely with marketing to define initiatives for product, channel and promotional activities.
- A key active participant in demand planning and operations scheduling processes.
- Active participant in driving reduction of warranty and adherence to quality standards required by the customer.
- Establish and maintain clear sales metrics and benchmarks for measuring progress and maintaining focus.
- Responsible for total customer experience. Develops customer supporting systems that ensure an exceptional experience. Develops strong key customer relationships and gains full understanding and insight to voice of the customer.
- Working closely with marketing to ensure robust marketing communication programs to support profitable revenue and market share goals. Provides product, market data, and sales tools and training to sales team to support sales processes.
- A leader and coach who provides leadership and direction to the sales teams in the execution of top-level improvement priorities and the improvement of other key performance indicators as identified through the Oshkosh Business System (strategic deployment process) framework.
- Lead, teach, and implement strategies that continue the evolution of the Oshkosh Operating System which leverages a broad array of lean and continuous improvement tools.
- Support collaboration and communication between product management, sales, marketing, engineering, quality, and manufacturing to improve new product launch process.
- Identify, hire and train top talent. Monitor the talent pool at all levels within the sales organization to ensure that world class leaders are being developed. Work closely with Human Resources in identifying and implementing programs and activities that drive the development and retention of the top talent within the sales teams.
- Ensure that business is conducted with the highest standards of quality and integrity and consistent with Oshkosh values and ethics.
- Moderate to extensive travel to ensure achievement of orders plans, effectiveness of sales team, and the establishment, maintenance, and growth of key customer relationships.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience responsible for sales, marketing, and/or product management for commercial/industrial products, preferably in truck mounted body applications.
- Minimum of 5 years experience at the executive level.
- Bachelor degree in Business
- Outstanding communication skills are required. Must be able to present and impress from levels ranging from the sales person to the executive leadership.
- A leader and coach with the ability to mentor and develop a world-class management leadership team.
- Must be familiar with financial statements and able to translate strategic program or new sales initiative program parameters into business plan (P&L) format.
- Demonstrated capability to work collaboratively with operations, marketing, product management, engineering, quality, and supply chain in the development and execution of sales forecasts that optimize operating income.
- A reputation for building capable, loyal, and innovative teams. This person should also be known for being a well-rounded team player.
- Bright, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, intellectually agile, and a logical thinker who can work through complex business issues and make decisions quickly.
- A results orientation and a tireless work ethic - determined to meet and exceed targets and drive accountability throughout the sales organization.
- A strong communicator capable of presenting ideas, selling new concepts and tactics, listening to contrary opinions, and driving a strategy into an organization.
- Strong business acumen with both strategic skills and the ability to execute effectively. The strongest candidates will have a well rounded background, but with a distinct customer focused orientation.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment to deliver exceptional results.
- Capacity to thrive in a matrix environment to deliver exceptional results.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Track record of good corporate citizenship as a key business leader within our communities.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: (see application details) or (see application details).
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
|apply nowapply now|
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products-including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories-can be found all over the world.