Director of Marketing and Communications - City Bureau Bachelor's Degree Job6 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - Chicago - 229 views
We are seeking a digital marketing expert with a passion for community engagement who can thrive in a startup environment and help lead our organization through a period of significant growth. You will have wide latitude to create the structures necessary to promote our team’s work to our target audiences on Chicago’s South and West Sides, and to expand our reach beyond our existing community. You must be nimble enough to create strategy and processes as well as execute day-to-day tasks.
As a director-level staff member, you will be integrated into leadership conversations about organizational strategy. This may include hiring and managing contractors, as well as possible future staff hires to build out our marketing and communications capacity.
- Oversee all of City Bureau’s external communications, including promotion of City Bureau’s programming, content and the organization overall, maintaining cohesive messaging throughout
- Work closely with the revenue team to create fundraising/awareness campaigns and develop messaging that furthers revenue strategies (donor communications, event promotion, sponsorship materials, etc.), analyze data and finetune messaging based on results
- Manage the creation and distribution of promotional materials, both digital and physical
- Create and/or maintain a Language Bank, Style Guide and Digital Assets Bank and monitor adherence to these standards across the organization
- Coordinate with other staff members to manage City Bureau’s website, email newsletters and social media accounts
- Coordinate press campaigns and media appearances
- Understanding and commitment to City Bureau’s core values, mission and vision
- At least 5 years of professional experience creating and implementing marketing and communications strategy
- Demonstrated track record of delivering a full range of integrated marketing and communications initiatives with measurable impact; fluency in digital analytics and audience segmentation
- Experience working in startup environments, building audiences for new or lesser-known brands and building organizational structures and processes; ability to adapt quickly and solve problems creatively
- Strong leadership skills; adept at rallying stakeholders and managing multiple concurrent projects with distinct budgets
- Ability to write impeccable, impactful promotional copy; ability to identify and appeal to disparate audiences, with cultural competence for working in communities that City Bureau serves
- Fill out our application.
- You will be notified when the application closes. Within two weeks of the application closing, you will be notified if you have proceeded to the next round, the video interview.
- Within two weeks of completing the video interview, you’ll be notified if you have proceeded to the next round, the case exercise.
- You will receive a week to complete the case exercise, for which you will be paid. Within two weeks of your case exercise completion, you’ll be notified if you have proceeded to the next round, an in-person interview in Chicago.
- Within two weeks of the interview, you’ll be notified if you have been offered the position.
- Health care, dental, vision, life insurance
- Annual $1000 professional development stipend, $1000 work tools stipend
- 15 days paid vacation
- Flexible work schedule; some night/weekend hours may be required
- Relocation assistance available