Director of Marketing and Communications At Switch4Good Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - Irvine - 292 views
Switch4Good (S4G) is seeking a highly qualified, creative, and diversely minded Director of Marketing and Communications to advance our creative and communications programming and strategy. The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communication, and public relations program and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders with the goal of enhancing S4G’s image and position to the general public. The successful candidate must be dedicated to finding innovative solutions by combining ideas, activations, technologies, social environments, and media relations to build connected experiences that keep S4G’s community and the general public educated, informed, and inspired to act. This role reports to the Executive Director.
1. Creative development
- Create and execute S4G’s overall creative content strategy and S4G voice in keeping with brand positioning and campaign priorities, including annual video strategy.
- Develop S4G’s brand and audience development strategy across all digital channels.
- Shape brand standards and create procedures to ensure all campaigns are brand-aligned
- Effectively work with a cross-functional team to produce new ideas for S4G branding, promotional campaigns, and marketing communications.
- Conceptualize and oversee the design and development of all S4G’s content, marketing, and communications material and its deployment across distribution channels.
2. Communications Strategy and Management
- Turn strategic thinking into sophisticated, data-driven communication plans that include goals, timelines, messaging, and organizing plans.
- Plan, develop, and implement S4G’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities.
- Cross-functional management of fully-integrated communication and campaign strategy across all platforms (media, web, email, and print).
- Oversee the writing of speeches, articles, and columns for publication, press release, media advisories, letter-to-the-editor, and opinion editorials.
- Work cross-departmentally to create a strategy and lead response for crisis communications and management.
- Collaborate with Public Affairs and Development teams on development and activation of supporter communication networks.
3. Operational Management
- Supervise the department's daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and budgets.
- Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Track performance of communications objectives across touchpoints and adjust strategy and execution plan to ensure KPIs are met.
- Evaluate trends, assess new data, and keep up to date with the latest marketing and communications techniques.
- Develop and present a budget for the Communications and Marketing Department. Ensure compliance with the budget throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, and other relevant fields; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated mastery at developing a cohesive internal and external communications strategy, preferred background in food and/or health-related sectors
- A minimum of 5 years’ digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to, web, social, and emerging technologies.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience writing/editing for publication preferred.
- A solid understanding of design copy and web practices.
- Thorough understanding and masterful knowledge of behavior change and the psychology behind what makes people create lifestyle changes
- Superior writing and editing skills and excellent public speaking skills.
- In-depth knowledge of brand development and multi-channel marketing models.
- Extensive proactive media relations experience, with established track-record of consistently obtaining positive media coverage.
- Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a growing marketing and communications team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated active listening skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and an ability to implement and communicate these systems to staff.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in a results-oriented environment.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Demonstrates strong capability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates a gregarious personality and an affinity for working with others.
- Willingness to take on new challenges, pursue self-development, and self-directed learning.
- Competent with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, G Suite and familiarity with online databases, CRM and various SaaS programs.
- Willingness to travel on a national scale.
- Regular travel in and around Southern California.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization.
Switch4Good offers quality compensation and a benefits package, including health insurance and a savings plan.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org