Director of Implementation Science Master's Degree Job1 week ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Abuja - 82 views
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Implementation Science
- We are seeking to recruit a Director of Implementation Science to support Operations Research and publications.
- The Director of Implementation Science will have the overall responsibility of leadership and management of the Implementation Science Unit. S/he will be responsible for making key decisions and solving problems in short timeframes while ensuring operational and project technical quality and integrity.
- The position will report to the Director of Strategic Information and manage a team of researchers and data analysts.
- Lead in the conceptualization and execution of relevant innovative implementation science research topics.
- Undertake advanced writing of publications, SOPs and technical papers.
- Support the Principal Investigator and technical team in scientific outputs and assisting with grant development, particularly implementation science-oriented grants such as NIH.
- Build implementation science, biostatistics and writing capacity among in-country staff. This will mean mentoring young data analysts and developing skills among other support staff.
- Generate outcome and impact evidence and develop into publications and white papers.
- Work with HQ technical leadership to integrate relevant components of implementation science.
- Support in the collection and monitoring of all projects and interpretation of findings.
- Lead the design of public health messaging and contribute to methods development for framework documents
- Actively participate and contribute to publications in peer reviewed journals and other program briefs and manuscripts
- Provide scientific and writing support for proposal preparation
- Engage in other tasks as requested by the Director, Strategic Information & Country Director.
- Master of Science or Doctoral Degree in Epidemiology, Social Statistics or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Experience: 6 - 10 years
- Prior experience in monitoring, designing, and implementing programs in health, HIV / AIDS, TB, or health systems strengthening, with demonstrated supervision experience.
- Prior experience in using electronic medical records
- Experience in impact and evaluation studies design and execution
- A familiarity with US Government Agencies and PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Analysis and data management skills as well as demonstrated analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and state-of-the-art approaches to be utilized by public health projects
- Experience working in global health and in developing countries
- Experience working with statistical software platforms (R, STATA, SAS, SPSS etc.),
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with donors, ministries of health, project partners.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single Microsoft Word-formatted or PDF document consisting of a cover letter, CV, citizenship information, and salary expectations.
- Please identify the location and position for which you are applying in the subject line.
- Please note that MGIC will not sponsor work permits for this position. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location designated in the job posting.
- Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.
- Applications will be considered as received.
- No phone calls, please.
We are recruiting to fill the position