Director of Finance At Californians Together Bachelor's Degree Job8 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Long Beach - 219 views
Under the direction of the Executive Director, responsible for all day-to-day business operations, implementing the organization’s business plan and assigned to programs and projects as needed.
The Business Manager provides collaborative leadership in several areas of financial management. Responsibilities include the general ledger, overseeing accounts receivable, accounts payable and connecting with outside payroll third party company. The Business Manager leads audit schedule and tax return preparation and serves as primary contact for annual financial audits. The position is responsible for financial reporting to staff, Board of Directors, and grant funders and assists the Executive Director and program managers with preparation of the annual budget. The Business Manager provides leadership in several areas of human resource management. This includes maintaining personnel files, coordinating payroll processing with the third-party payroll vendor, overseeing employee benefit enrollment and annual benefit renewals, and executing the required tax filings and reports.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Financial Management & Accounting:
• Maintain general ledger and related subsidiary ledgers, financial reports and tax filings
• Prepare entries to the general ledger and various subsidiary ledgers; Reconcile with source documents and transactions to ensure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies
• Review and reconcile all accounts monthly
• Track daily cash balances and maintain a cash flow forecast to ensure adequate funds are available to meet operating requirements
• Prepare monthly financial statements for management and the Board of Directors
• Assist the Executive Director and the Treasurer of the Board of Directors in developing reports to the Board of Directors
• Supervise the Business Assistant
• Work with accounting firm to review annual tax reports for various State and Federal agencies
• Prepare quarterly and annual reports for various State and Federal grant awards and prepare annual report to set indirect cost rate
• Prepare annual budget, monitor and research monthly and quarterly variances and provide explanations and coordinate plans of correction
• Prepare schedules and coordinate the annual financial audits and provide financial data for program audits with 3rd party CPA firm
• Develop and implement practices to oversee grant expenditures and ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations
• Assist with grant development and provide financial data for new grant proposals.
• Develop and implement new financial policies and procedures as required to maintain adequate internal controls
• Oversee Federal Tax Payments via Payroll System through third party vendor
• Oversees quarterly unemployment tax payments
• Manage Bank Account transactions and cross reference monthly between Quickbooks and Bank Accounts
• Review and reconcile all accounts monthly
• Manage bookkeeping
• Conduct monthly budgeting and profit &loss reporting for grant/contract budgets
• Manage all Vendor accounts: Rent, Website, Liability Insurance, Phone, Utilities, Health Insurance, etc.
• Coordinate Biweekly Payroll with 3rd party vendor
• Manage Benefits (Medical), Disability Insurance
• Assist employees with employment, leave, and benefit plan questions
• Prepare periodic benefit reports and notify insurance carriers of additions, deletions and changes to plan participant lists
• Minimum 3 - 5 years experience in similar position
• Accounting or business degree and relevant work experience
• Familiar with generally accepted accounting principles and non-profit accounting
• Familiar with labor and personnel laws and practices
• Proficiency with QuickBooks, preferably a certified user or eligible for certification
• Proficiency and flexibility with office technology including conference calls, Microsoft office suite and web-based applications
• Commitment to the mission and work of Californians Together with the credibility and persuasiveness to secure support from others
• A self-starter who is confident enough to express opinions, to forge ahead when appropriate and hold back when necessary, with a sensitivity to the feelings and opinions of others
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work with diverse people, build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external partners
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to develop and follow a prioritized plan of work, set and keep deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to listen well
• An energetic person who is emotionally mature and dependable; a collegial individual with a sense of humor.
• Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment
• Ability to contribute to a high functioning team environment
• Patient, personable and approachable
• Must be a team player who is inclusive, flexible, creative, energetic and fair-minded
• Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for dual language/English learners
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Includes full health, dental and vision benefits, holidays, vacation and sick days. Office closes between Christmas Eve and New Year’s.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Includes full health, dental and
vision benefits, holidays, vacation and sick days. Office closes between Christmas Eve and New Year’s.