Director of Finance and Operations Bachelor's Degree Job3 weeks ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - San Rafael - 51 views
What you will do:
Finance and Budget Management
Responsible for budget and forecasts, cash management, banking, cash flow, payroll, financial policies and reporting.
· Oversees contract controller ensuring proper processing of accounts payable, accounts receivables, managing the audit process, PPP loan, grant billing, preparing cash flow analysis, completing roll-up of budgets and forecasts, monthly financial preparation and managing the contract bookkeeper who ensures invoices are prepared, bills are paid in a timely fashion, bank deposits including donations are correctly processed and credit cards are reconciled
· Responsible for on-going review of accounts, transferring funds as necessary per FDIC guidelines, working capital and cash flow
· Yearly preparation of the St Vincent de Paul Council and LLC budgets and forecasting of the same each February and July
Responsible for the management and maintenance of all office systems and facilities at two locations and oversight of facility vendors and contracts, insurance, technology and systems.
· Oversee the office manager and associated responsibilities.
· Manage organizational insurance policies and ensure organization is adequately covered including D&O, business licenses and permits, and management of a 5-vehicle fleet with proper registration, repair, servicing and records
· Maintain all office systems including primary interface with IT vendor and alarm company
· Develop and oversee risk assessment, emergency planning, and security (including cyber-security) policies and procedures including annual inspections
Leading Operations and Human Capital
Working with the guidance and expertise of the Human Resources contractor, oversee the human capital employment operations which includes hiring, onboarding, payroll, benefits, retirement, HRIS administration, workers compensation and safety.
· Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve results.
· Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably, overseeing schedules, providing training and the managing the health and safety of the team
· Remains visible and interfaces with staff on a regular basis to obtain feedback on service levels, solutions and overall satisfaction.
· Cultivates an atmosphere of curiosity, innovation and continual improvement
Responsible for managing all financial and recordkeeping requirements for five master lease units and four St. Vincent de Paul owned houses.
· Interface with Property Administrator to ensure all houses are functioning properly and issues addressed
· Collect, document and process monthly rent from tenants of five master leased units, register voucher payments and track and document all rent changes from the local housing authority
· Maintain all utility and tenant records; provide tenant reference letters upon request.
What we offer:
· We have an exciting and clear vision for growth, driven by strong culture of collaboration with other exceptional professionals
· We offer a generous benefits package including 403B, healthcare/dental, an employee assistance program and on-going training.
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, these levels of experience and skills are required:
· Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA, related degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of five years of financial and operations management experience; non-profit experience a plus
· Prior experience working with community groups, volunteers and other nonprofit programs and organizations
· Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
· At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally six-plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
· 5+years of operational experience in a busy work environment
· Ability to work non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) as needed
· A track record in grants management is a plus
· Strong computer skills with MS Office, QuickBooks, Paylocity, NovaTime, Verified Volunteers
· Familiarity working with homeless, low-income, and mentally disabled persons a plus
How to Apply: