Director of Curriculum and Coaching Any Educational Level Job6 months ago - Education / Teaching Job - Chicago - 138 views
TST is seeking an experienced education leader who is committed to elevating the voices of teachers to become a lever for change in schools.
This position provides the opportunity for a visionary candidate to assume overall responsibility for the programming of TST. The ideal candidate will thrive on building and sustaining high-quality relationships and will embrace the chance for program innovation within our young dynamic organization. The role will require both attention to detail and creative, project-management. Therefore, the successful candidate is a goal-oriented, high-energy team player with a passion for education and teacher leadership.
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for flexible work hours, including remote work with some local in-person meetings and school-based observations.
This role will report directly to the Executive Director and will play a critical part in fueling our organization’s ability to mobilize and support the teacher leaders of Chicago.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enhance and execute current educator-based programming
- Implement and iterate our programming
- Oversee and manage the annual school-based planning process including the development of the top-line goals, annual plan, and operating cadence
Effectively lead, manage and develop a diverse, high-performing team of TST coaches
- Lead the ~10 person TST Coach team by leveraging their individual strengths, collaborating effectively, and supporting their resource needs
- Set and support high expectations for TST coaches through oversight and involvement in goal setting and ongoing performance management
- Actively participate in their professional growth through job-skills coaching and providing opportunities for new experiences
Design curriculum to develop and engage all coaches and teacher leaders
- Develop compelling in-person, and online professional development sessions and resources for teacher leaders and coaches
- Assess impact and effectiveness of training and incorporate feedback to continuously strengthen training content
Build school and district partnerships for the purpose of recruiting strong teacher leaders
- Design a strong recruitment program, track applicant progress and completion of key onboarding activities to build a diverse cohort of engaged teacher leaders.
- Serve as the external spokesperson for TST to leverage key school and district partnerships and identify opportunities to engage new partners
Serve humbly and capably as an exceptional organizational leader
- Authentically and consistently model TST core values, with an emphasis on trust, empowerment, candor, and learning
- Act as a thought-partner to and collaborate with Executive Director to advance the organization.
- Actively seek and value input from leadership team and stakeholders
- Expertise in coaching individuals and/or teams in an education setting, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
- Experience designing and delivering professional development sessions and helping educators adopt new practices
- Proven ability to effectively build relationships and lead a diverse team to successful outcomes
- Superior interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel throughout various Chicago neighborhoods
- You are highly self motivated and entrepreneurial--you don’t need anyone to tell you all of your next steps, and you enjoy the process of creatively forging new paths
- You enjoy working independently, but are comfortable with collaborating in order to develop a plan with high interdependencies
- You are able to thrive in a dynamic environment; comfortable with ambiguity and shifts in scope of duties
- You are deeply committed to building an equitable programs, with a specific focus on issues of race, class, power and privilege
- You are driven by establishing meaningful and lasting relationships and partnerships can effectively leverage your networks to achieve results
- You are able to appreciate the importance of balancing of creativity with operational efficiency
- You are highly empathetic to the needs of school stakeholders because you’ve walked in their shoes
- You are passionate about the power of teacher leadership and able to convey that in an influential and compelling way
- You are relentlessly optimistic about what is possible--there is always a new opportunity around the corner and you will persist until you’ve realized it
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Teachers Supporting Teachers is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.
We believe that the diversity of our team is the key lever for our success. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply for open positions
- Additional 15% of salary for benefits coverage
- Flexible work schedule
- 50% remote work possible
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org