Director of Communications Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - NGO/Non-Profit Jobs - New York City - 136 views
PCDC is seeking a Director of Communications to provide leadership and strategic direction to PCDC in all areas of communications. This is a dynamic, fast-paced career opportunity to set and guide PCDC’s strategy for communications across all platforms, products and audiences to consistently articulate and advance PCDC’s mission. The Director of Communications will work to ensure that PCDC is viewed as a thought leader and primary source of information and policy expertise on primary care issues. This position will report to the Managing Director of Strategy and Public Affairs, work closely with senior leadership and staff throughout the organization, and directly supervise a Communications Manager. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Develop, implement and evaluate PCDC’s strategic communication plan across the organization in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Lead the Communications team in message development, media relations, outreach and branding efforts in support of PCDC’s strategic plan.
- Direct the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and digital collateral including but not limited to PCDC’s website, social media channels, newsletters, brochures and reports. Ensure that content is accurate, up-to-date and accessible
- Lead the generation and dissemination of online content that engages the primary care and community development community and leads to measurable action. Ensure that new, accurate and consistent information is posted regularly.
- Plan for and facilitate earned media and social media coverage of PCDC’s initiatives and events to create momentum and awareness.
- Oversee accuracy, clarity and consistency of internal and external messaging, including occasional speech writing for executive leadership, Board members and external partners.
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate staff, various consultants, and interns.
- Background in health care or public health required; experience with primary care strongly preferred
- Background in policy, as well as experience with public-private partnerships, financial institutions or community development organizations, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Creativity in storytelling from both a narrative and visual perspective in support of PCDC's B2Baccount-based marketing strategy
- Expert knowledge about key social media platforms
- Experience in working with and coaching senior executives to ensure maximum communications effectiveness
- Ease in creating and delivering presentations for various audiences
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Exceptional organizational and research skills
- 8+ years of relevant work experience, including supervisory experience
- Willingness to actively assist in “all-hands” activities, such as large-scale events
- Other key skills include diplomacy, focus, patience and a sense of humor
- Proficiency in WordPress and Microsoft Office
- Salesforce and Pardot experience preferred
This position will be 100% remote (working from home) during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once PCDC’s workforce returns to the office this is expected to be an on-site position in New York City.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- STD – company paid in NY
- LTD – company paid
- Life Insurance - company paid
- Voluntary Life
- 403(b) retirement
- Flexible Spending account (FSA)
- Dependent Care (DCA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Family Leave
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Paid personal days
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We give full consideration for employment to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please include your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three writing samples. Applications will not be considered without providing all required information.
Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC): Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. PCDC is a national community development financial institution (CDFI), with a 27-year history of investing in communities and providing technical assistance to improve health care and the health of the community. PCDC works with primary care providers, policymakers, industry leaders and other advocates to advance polices that increase access to quality primary care, improve health outcomes, reduce costs and improve health equity. Our key policy priorities include strengthening the primary care delivery system, expanding and sustaining primary care investment, and supporting healthy communities.