DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS - (HLAA) Bachelor's Degree Job7 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - Bethesda - 220 views
The Hearing Loss Association of America is seeking an experienced and strategic communications professional to serve as its Director of Communications. Reporting to the Executive Director, the position leads all aspects of communications in support of HLAA’s mission and goals.
The Director is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan for HLAA and shaping its information hub for hearing health issues and resources. This position, based in our Bethesda, Maryland, headquarters, is responsible for creating communication strategies that will increase the visibility and brand of HLAA, and leading communications initiatives focused on HLAA’s awareness, education and policy goals. This position will leverage experience in marketing, communications, branding, public and media relations across HLAA’s portfolio and work to enhance and grow the vision, strategic direction, and execution of HLAA’s priorities. As a key member of the senior team, this position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with staff and colleagues to ensure a consistent message and integrated effort.
The Director of Communications will:
- Lead the development and execution of an integrated communications plan.
- Work with leadership to set a vision for HLAA’s communications and engagement strategy and build brand awareness in conjunction with strategic priorities.
- Oversee and manage all digital and print publications, including our magazine, Hearing Life, HLAA’s annual report, website and social media, video and presentations, proposals, talking points, media strategy and more.
- Prepare, edit, and review a broad array of written materials, and ensure consistent message and design in all collateral, including print and digital media.
- Develop the overall communications budget, and manage the use of external vendors and workflow.
- Develop and execute innovative communications campaigns for initiatives, including the Walk4Hearing, National Convention, etc., that engage and activate stakeholders, sponsors, and partners.
- Maintain extensive and positive relationships with media and serve as the organization’s media contact.
- Develop and manage a social media strategy on all platforms.
- Work with all departments to generate content, media releases, etc.
- Manage promotion of HLAA’s nonprofit and corporate partners through sharing content and announcements.
- Develop and maintain a master editorial calendar of all communications activities, owners and contributors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or a related discipline.
- 8-10 years of communications and marketing experience with demonstrated success, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience leading the creation and execution of comprehensive and strategic communications plans.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, written, verbal, and copywriting, with the ability to tailor communications to different audiences.
- Strong attention to detail while being able to think strategically and understand the larger vision.
- Strong project management skills and with ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple initiatives.
- Familiarity of current culture and industry trends with solid digital knowledge across multimedia campaigns.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting, and budgeting skills.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Sprout Social, and Google Ads.
- Skilled in MS Office, and fundamental knowledge of website CMS systems (e.g., WordPress).
- Ability to effectively communicate the mission of the organization and articulate the impact of HLAA’s mission.
- Excellent judgment and initiative; enthusiastic and entrepreneurial.
- Active listener, with an ability to synthesize information and translate into strategy or action plans.
- A team mentality with a desire for the success of colleagues.
HLAA values diversity of background and opinion and promotes a professional environment that is accessible and inclusive. HLAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other category protected by law.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Communications” in the subject line.
Applicants believed to be viable candidates for this opportunity will be contacted.