Director, Marketing & Communications Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Media / Advertising / Branding Jobs - New York City - 106 views
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for helping drive the overarching communications strategies for the Ad Council brand and our social good campaigns . The position will have a particular focus on driving the strategy and narrative of our brand social media channels (where we engage both consumer and business audiences ) in addition to developing PR and social media strategies to extend the reach and impact of our various national social good campaigns , which address the most critical social issues facing our country.
Core Job Responsibilities:
This position can be remote and will be working with the NYC-based PR/Social Media and Brand team s, r eporting to the SVP of Marketing & Communications .
PR and Social Media team responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing public relations and social media strategies, including media relations , content partnerships and stakeholder communications
- Ideating, drafting and reviewing holistic strategic communications plans designed to reach various consumer audiences
- Drafting and reviewing communications materials, including press release s , talking points, blog posts, and content/ messaging for social media communities
- Performing confidently in client-facing roles, including navigating challenges, building relationships and positioning the Ad Council as a thought leader and valued partner
- Identifying, onboarding and managing external agencies, vendors and partners for media relations, social media /community management , c ontent production and other types of programs
- Analyzing campaign, issue and industry news coverage and social media content performance and crafting recommendations for driving continued impact
Brand Team responsibilities include:
- Leading a small team to d evelop and implement holistic brand social media strategy /platform for primary (Facebook, Twitter, Instag ram, LinkedIn ), secondary , and tertiary channels.
- St aying abreast of relevant current events, cultural moments and industry trends, and identifying opportunities for the Ad Counci l's social voice to address in real-time in meaningful and brand-aligned ways on social media channels .
- Ideat ing and implement ing social media strategies designed to elevate and amplify BIPOC voices and organizations throughout our industry , as well as position the Ad Council as a leader in racial equity communications.
- Developing strategic media plans to maximize and optimize the Ad Council's annual donated social media allocation from social media platform partners
- Amplifying brand events on social channels , including the Ad Council Annual Public Service Award Dinner, and our Purpose of Purpose quarterly event series .
Core Experience & Skills:
- 6-8 years' experience in a corp orate comm unications , public relations , social media , journalism or an other relevant role
- Strong background in social media with recent roles leading social media strategy and implementation for brands
- Excellent communicator-great oral, presentation and writing skills
- Experience developing and managing teams
- Creative thinker-ability to come up with new ideas and creatively position a panel, event, or op-ed
- Strong project managemen t-o rganized and detail-oriented with a capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, deadline-driven environment.
- Social Media and PR savvy - fluency with social strategies across a range of platforms and public relations tactics
- Team player-- a bility to work cooperatively and collaboratively with staff within and outside of the department.
- Passion for causes, volunteering and/or philanthropy a plus.
- Ability to work East Coast hours.
About the Ad Council:
The Ad Council is where creativity and causes converge at scale. We are a New York-based national non-profit organization, bringing together the brightest minds in the marketing, media, advertising and tech industries to create change around the most critical social issues facing our country. We produce and activate communications campaigns that drive awareness and behavior change, creating a lasting impact on American life. We are behind the iconic social good communications programs featuring Smokey Bear, "Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk" and the viral campaign " Love Has No Labels " that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion.
We are deeply committed to diversity, equity & inclusion:
At the Ad Council, we value and celebrate the unique characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity is the foundation of our work and allows us to reimagine how we reach our audiences. It is not simply our belief, but our duty, to cultivate a team that is representative of the American people. Only then can we drive true, measurable, and life-changing impact on the most important issues facing our country today.
The Ad Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected status.
To apply online: (please use the apply button below)
The Ad Council invites all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact please submit your request through one of the following methods listed below:
Fax (see application details) or
Attn: Talent Team
815 2nd Avenue, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10017
EEO is the Law
Who are we? We are the leaders in social cause marketing. Period. We work hard each day to deliver innovative creative and messaging that raises awareness, inspires action and save lives.
We do this by working hand in hand with top issue experts to develop breakthrough communications that address some of the most pressing social issues we are facing, including Diversity and Inclusion, Bullying Prevention, Shelter Pet Adoption, Texting and Driving Prevention, Recycling, and so many more.