Director, Internal Communications Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Arizona City - 85 views
About the Job
We are looking for an internal communications director who has a learning mindset, bold ideas and sound business acumen. This role is responsible for building and implementing comprehensive internal communications strategies that promote awareness and understanding of PetSmart while enhancing and strengthening the company’s reputation. This individual will advise the senior leadership team on key communication issues and will lead strategic communications plans that support PetSmart’s commitments to its associates, pet parents and other key stakeholder groups. The primary goal of this job is to develop and share clear, consistent messaging for associates across the company using a range of channels. This role works closely with leadership to support and draft written materials, presentations, and materials for internal speaking engagements. Additionally, this role leads cross-functional collaboration across PetSmart teams to lead change management communications.
- Support the CEO and leadership team with strategic internal communications plans and materials.
- Support senior leaders with internal speaking engagements by developing, reviewing and approving key messages and materials.
- Work cross-functionally to share policy and change-management communications impacting leaders and associates in 1,650+/- retail stores and seven distribution centers.
- Build effective partnerships with internal stakeholders across the business and PetSmart Charities to help determine and address their short- and long-term communications needs.
- Support the coordination and execution of content for town halls, national meetings and other internal communications events.
- Serve as a point-person on various projects that require communication planning and liaising among multiple client groups.
- Lead and develop a team of 4-5 internal communications associates
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, PR or related field
- Highly advanced writing and editing in AP style
- 10+ years relevant work experience with a background in internal communications in medium to large organizations
- 5+ years of leading high performing teams
- Proven track record of developing and leading teams
- High proficiency in WordPress and Microsoft office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience designing presentations and other creative collateral
- Experience sourcing, drafting and editing content, including emails, talking points, video scripts, PowerPoint presentations and articles
- Resourceful and enthusiastic; able to work well under pressure with a flexible attitude
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinking and writing with regards to storytelling
- Ability to work collaboratively in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Proven work ethic, results-oriented, and proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: (please use the apply button below)
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: (please use the apply button below)
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: (please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|