Director, FP&A - WGU Affiliated Entities Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 weeks ago - Other categories - Salt Lake City - 77 views
Essential Functions and Responsibilities -
- Helps develop and improve methods and techniques used by the Financial Planning & Analysis team. Assists with departmental goal setting and monitoring.
- Primarily supports WGU affiliated entities (University Development, WGU Labs, WGU Academy, WGU Advancement, Juvo Ventures )
- Manages and provides ongoing training and support to direct reports, each of whom provides planning, financial and analytical support to a related entity
- Executes the annual strategic and financial planning process for affiliate organizations, including collaboration with the SVPs, VPs and other senior leadership across the university
- Assures optimal use of relevant planning systems, processes and techniques to support annual planning and interim forecasting
- Increasingly works with the colleges, Marketing, Enrollment, Institutional Research and other organizations to coordinate and ensure ongoing projections and monitoring of enrollment and other key metrics
- Provides accurate, insightful monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for affiliate leadership. Prepares financial support materials for quarterly board meetings.
- Designs, develops and monitors expense allocations and periodic spending variances to budgets and prior period expenditures. Helps develop and track performance vs. KPIs.
- Ensures accurate and timely preparation of affiliate P&L statements and related schedules
- Both directly and through subordinates develops financial business cases (ROI, breakeven, payback modeling, etc.) for proposed programs, projects and initiatives to help organization leaders make timely and appropriate business decisions
- Maintains a keen awareness of the each of the affiliate's current financial position, proactively highlighting to executive leadership any trends that warrant follow-up
- Maintains WGU's commitment to compliance with all external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and guidelines
- Achieve or exceed designated performance goals, including, among others: successful annual budget; accurate, timely and insightful monthly reporting; and, business decision support and analysis for all supported organizations and leaders
- Key Criteria: Accuracy, Timeliness (hit deadlines), Insight, Presentation, Flexibility
- WGU Leadership Principles: Student Obsession, Innovation, Learning, Inspire & Develop, Urgency, Courage, Ownership, Deliver Results, Integrity, Earn Trust
Knowledge and Abilities
- Solid working knowledge of corporate finance principles, accounting, industry standards, best practices and relevant laws. Accounting expertise highly preferred.
- Strong financial analysis skills; proven ability to forecast new concepts and market dynamics. Can take conceptual business ideas and build complex operational and financial proforma models from scratch to project outcomes, including cash flows.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to work with large-scale financial management software (Workday and Adaptive Insights experience preferred)
- Aptitude for analytical thinking and strategic development
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills within a complex, diverse, fast-paced and rapidly-growing environment. Must demonstrate executive presence and the ability to competently and confidently interact the with most senior level of executives.
- Able to organize, coordinate and direct projects and to lead innovate, strategic initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Professionalism, proactivity, trustworthiness
- Flexibility, ability to work with ambiguity and manage change
- Intellectual curiosity. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- 5 years of specific experience including Management experience
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or similar field
- Master's degree (business, finance, accounting or similar field preferred)
Highly Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience overseeing FP&A within scaling organizations (such as private equity, venture capital, small business, or startup organizations)
- Successful work experience as director of finance or similar role
- Minimal travel
- Must live in the Salt Lake City region or be willing to relocate
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.
|apply nowapply now|
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.