Director, Field Operations - Process Cooling Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Olathe - 46 views
Motivated to grow with a stable organization? SPX Cooling Technologies is a leading global manufacturer of sustainable evaporative cooling systems, servicing commercial HVAC and industrial markets for nearly a century. Hospitals, data centers, oil and gas refineries, power plants and process cooling facilities worldwide rely on SPX Cooling's Marley, Recold and SGS brands. Beginning as the Marley Company nearly 100 years ago, it was the first cooling tower manufacturer to pioneer cooling solutions for large industrial applications. Since then, we have evolved to provide solutions for iconic buildings and essential infrastructure.
New hires to SPX Cooling enjoy benefits that begin on the first day of work, including professional development opportunities such as mentorship and tuition assistance, a competitive compensation and bonus plan, flexible health plan, 401(k) match, and opportunities for career advancement.
With its people-centric culture, SPX prides itself on attracting top talent to the industry. Help us keep the world cool!
This position will be part of the Process Cooling executive leadership team and will lead the Process Cooling Project Management team and both the union and non-union Field Construction organizations in the Americas. This role reports into the President of Global Cooling and has significant runway and visibility in the organization.
This role will work with the broader executive leadership team to develop and implement strategies to support profitable growth of the business through project management and execution. This position will oversee the construction and project management department and directly manage experienced professionals executing over $100M of projects with individual projects ranging from few thousand dollars to several million dollars. Key focus areas include providing leadership and implementing standard processes with respect to cost, quality, delivery and safety standards for construction. Utilizing strong relationship and technical skills, this position provides ongoing continuous improvement, leadership and direction to the project management team to ensure standard processes and tools are in place to exceed all operational objectives. Success in this role requires extensive experience in lean construction techniques, construction management and project management, the willingness to aggressively pursue financial goals, and a continuous improvement mindset.
SPX Cooling is one of the leading cooling tower suppliers globally and has one the largest ranges of products and installed base of cooling towers globally.
SPX Cooling currently sells its products and services through a multi-level sales approach, including selling our differentiated value proposition to end users, specifying engineers and mechanical contractors. Our products are sold under the Marley, Recold and SGS brands into the HVAC, industrial, commercial and refrigeration markets. Our products are used in a wide variety of demanding cooling and refrigeration applications including but not limited to industrial, offices, multi-use commercial buildings, data centers, hospitals, schools, food and beverage processing and storage.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management:
- Responsible for orchestrating SPX resources to drive delivery of projects on time, on budget while meeting contractual obligations and customer needs.
- Develop and implement best practices and standard processes for improving project controls and project execution.
- Develop best in class project controls/reporting tools and processes
- Aid in sales efforts by supporting developing of strong customer relationships and accurate construction costs and schedules during proposal phase
- Effectively address contract disputes and mitigate any impact
- Ensure effective communication with customers, sub-contractors and internal functions
- Direct the project management team on project execution strategy
- Provide regular reporting on key metrics and projects including budget, manpower planning, on-time in-full, schedule progress, safety, etc.
- Field Construction Operations:
- Lead construction organization in developing and maintaining a safe working environment and effective management and execution of projects.
- Implement lean construction principles to deliver projects with high quality, speed and margins
- Setting targets, objectives and responsibilities for all supervised staff
- Regularly review timings, budget, labor, risk and project plans to ensure work stays on track
- Ensure efficient use of labor, services, equipment, materials, etc.
- Meeting regularly with clients, third parties and managers to report on progress
- Develop a culture of proactively improving project management and construction processes
- Talent Development:
- Play a key role in team and individual career development providing a solid platform for employees to develop and advance
- Ensure employees are trained and held accountable for results
- Build a culture of continuous improvement with the teams
- Provide functional training and development opportunities regularly to ensure risks are mitigated and standard processes followed
- Engage cross-functional teams to ensure superior customer service, achievement of key project milestones and on-time, on-budget contract execution
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Construction Management, Engineering, Business or Technical related field
- 8+ years of progressive, leadership experience in project management and/or field construction leadership required
- 15+ years' experience in construction management and project management preferably in a EPC environment
- Strong process orientation with experience managing complex, multi-phase projects and initiatives
- Lean/six sigma training or certification preferred
- Analytical and financial expertise
- Demonstrated success in diversified environments/businesses involving cross-functional collaboration and influence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders
- Experience in the HVAC industry not required
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.