Director, Digital Unification & Omni-Channel Journeys Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 126 views
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Design Team is a growing internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services. Based in New York City, the team is assembling the brightest designers to collaborate with teams shaping the future of connected customer experiences.
Verizon serves small, mid-market, enterprise business, and public sector customers across industries, roles, and geographies. We offer countless products and services to meet their diverse business needs. Today, our customers engage with Verizon through a variety of touchpoints across digital and assisted channels. As we drive to optimize and simplify customer experiences and drive toward NPS 60 through promoter innovations, this newly created role is responsible for leading experience strategy and design in support of digital unification and to ensure that unique customer needs are met across their journey. Key components include:
- Small business customer journeys and experience visions
- Mid-market customer journeys and experience visions
- Global enterprise customer journeys and experience visions
- Public sector customer journeys and experience visions
- Global navigation and IA across touchpoints
- Experience strategy for product and account management portal integrations
- Experience strategy for where it is/isn’t appropriate to unify digital experiences across enterprise-wide flows based on customer needs
- Strategic collaborations with channel pillar leads
As a Director of Design, you’ll be involved in nearly every aspect of the product development process and will be responsible for driving ideas from conception through execution and evaluation. You will work closely with a highly collaborative team of product designers, user researchers, product managers, marketers, technologists, and business leaders to bring ideas to life. You will have ample opportunity to practice and grow your strategic thinking skills as you create and execute on a short term and long term roadmap. Most importantly, you’ll act as a servant leader who can elevate and grow our designer’s skills while also taking our products to the next level. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
Directors at Verizon:
- Are accomplished design leaders who build teams and maintain relationships internally with our partners, and externally with the design community at large
- Are responsible for project success, delivering best-in-class customer experiences, and the growth and morale of your teams
- Drive the overall user experience strategy for brand-defining experiences across a range of consumer-facing products and furthering the impact and reach of the design organization within the company
- Build teams of future leaders by recruiting, hiring, growing, and retaining talented designers services
- Provide design vision and expertise in senior stakeholder meetings, building trusted relationships with product, tech, and business partners
- Contribute to the strategic and operational design decisions for the Customer Experience organization
- Facilitate and inspire creative concepting; challenge designers to responsibly push the boundaries during concept phases.
- Plan and facilitate team activities to identify appropriate design problems, solutions, and opportunities within project brief and business context; recognize when to make a decision and commit to a direction
- Plan and facilitate iteration and critique to improve solution quality and support user, business and technical requirements
- Recommend and facilitate design activities and methods to guide teams and partners through ambiguous project periods; assess needs of team members and provide resources where possible
- Identify activities and communications necessary to deliver digital product strategy ideas to a partner; build a shared understanding of how the method and tone of communication impacts the project
- Create transparency into your decision-making process, and recognize valid challenges to your point of view; externalize choices and behaviors so that teams can understand the rationale
- Gain an understanding of the goals of individuals on the team; provide real-time, constructive feedback on project performance and impact on their careers; represent goals in resource management processes
- Ramp up new team members, including business context, product positioning and strategy
- Help the team see value in the work; coach team on project dynamics, collaboration, and interpersonal communication
- Plan for, coordinate, and facilitate meetings with staff and partners to gather feedback, make decisions, and determine next steps
- Recognize, track, and communicate issues, accomplishments, milestones, to team, and partners
- Monitor and regularly communicate progress to team and partners related to project goals
- Participate in resource planning with partners to articulate the appropriate project team and duration for your project
- Maintain and manage appropriate team size and mix of capabilities
- Assess gaps in availability, competency, and time
- Cultivate relationships and shape opportunities for great work
- Facilitate teams to define product roadmaps, prioritize new features and enhancements, and recommend feature sets for phased product releases
- Participate in/facilitate project definition and estimation to shape activities, timeline, and resource plan that align with client objectives and approach
- Identify partner needs and shape project approaches to match them
- Make partners stronger and provide thought leadership around design-led processes
- Play gatekeeper for the type of work your team takes on
- Be a model and a resource for all employees, proactively engaging with others to make the design organization better Contribute constructive, thoughtful critique real-time and in the performance feedback process; provide input to role change and performance discussions
- Visibly participate in internal initiatives, including the practice and the learning program; lead by example
- Participate in the recruiting and hiring process
All designers at Verizon:
Interpret and apply the Verizon Design Team Principles daily:
- Find your voice, then use it - people need to understand what we do, and how we do it
- Celebrate people - You owe it to the people around you to take pride in the work we do together
- Design with people, for people - Be a design diplomat—build trust in our team and how we work
- Respect the process - Be rigorous, but not rigid, about processes and design practices
- Transform Verizon through design - Use design as a catalyst for cultural change and innovation
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or a related field, and/or 8 or more years of relevant design experience leading multi-disciplinary design teams to solve complex design problems
- Experience working with executive stakeholders to:
- shape projects to address business problems and technical possibilities
- set expectations and facilitate alignment on requirements, process timeline, and deliverables
- persuasively present design solutions and explain their benefit to the customer and the business
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor to teams who:
- Digest and translate complex business and technical requirements
- Plan, gather, and synthesize user needs
- Create world-class design solutions
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
What you’ll be doing...
The Cary Network Management Center is seeking motivated and driven engineers to support management of Verizon’s Intelligent Edge Network encompassing Unified Transport, NGPON2, Multi-Service Edge, Base Network Controller, IP Routing, and Converged Core technologies.