Director, Cyber Defense Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Seattle - 197 views
Are you exhilarated by the challenge of detecting and responding to security threats for a global technology company? Are you passionate about staying up to date on the latest methods and techniques for incident response, security monitoring, and threat analysis, and enjoy encouraging other leaders to build and run teams that achieve phenomenal results? Consider EG!
Expedia Group Security (EGS) is actively seeking a Director, Cyber Defense. As a core member of our Security Operations leadership team you will make an impact by leading the teams at the forefront of protecting Expedia and our customers.
EGS ensures Expedia Group is secure, including the data, applications, technologies, and accounts for our travelers, employees, suppliers, and partners.
What you will do:
- Drive operational security thought leadership throughout Expedia Group for its Cyber Defense group which includes the Insider Threat Operations (ITO) team and the Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
- Fiercely advocate for the changes and improvements, so we can build an elite 24x7 operation to detect and respond to threats
- Champion our front-line incident investigation and response capabilities to secure our diverse travel brands globally located in Seattle, Prague, and Gurgaon
- Lead our teams that ensure information assets, technologies, and services are adequately protected and lead the investigation of security breaches
- Establish important measures to demonstrate opportunities to continually improve our services and security posture
Who you are:
- You're unafraid of challenges and relish defining ground-breaking change and creating positive impact.
- You recruit, retain, and grow strong leaders who have a bias to action, take ownership of problems, and seek out solutions
- You appreciate the challenges of 24x7x365 global operations that are on the frontlines of combating attacks against the company
- You deftly articulate complex information and security concepts to senior leaders and non-technical employees clearly while accurately portraying real risks and threats to the company
- You have a bachelors degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent proven IT/Operations work experience with an emphasis towards Security Operations
- You have demonstrated ability with a deep background in leading security teams, including direct people management (Director or Manager)
- You have a sophisticated understanding of one or more of the following areas: Security Operations, Digital Forensics, Platform Security, Data Security, Network Security, Perimeter Security, or Security Monitoring Tools
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia, (please use the apply button below), Expedia Partner Solutions, Egencia, trivago, HomeAway, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wotif, (please use the apply button below).au, ebookers, CheapTickets, Hotwire, Classic Vacations, Expedia Media Solutions, (please use the apply button below), Expedia Local Expert, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo.
Expedia iscommittedto creating an inclusive workenvironmentwith a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
|apply nowapply now|