Director - Clinical Research (Family Health Centers) Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Brooklyn - 35 views
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director-Clinical Research at the Family Health Centers of NYU Langone.
The Director of Clinical Research is responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of clinical research and programs at FHC and stimulating collaborative research with faculty from the NYU Langone Healths School of Medicine (NYUSoM). The Director of Clinical Research will report to the Chief Medical Officer and the Executive Director of the FHC and work in partnership with the Vice-Chair for Research of the NYUSoM Department of Population Health. This position will utilize project planning, project management, and evaluation skills, along with a strong grounding in research methods, to guide and foster research initiatives within the Family Health Centers and research collaborations between the Family Health Centers and NYU Langone Health.
This position will utilize project planning, project management, and evaluation skills, along with a strong grounding in research methods, to guide and foster research initiatives within the Family Health Centers and research collaborations between the Family Health Centers and NYU Langone Health.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all proposed projects that would involve FHC patients or staff, maintain a list of ongoing clinical research projects
- Support reporting of research efforts to sponsors, NYU Langone Health, and FHC Board
- Identify research training opportunities and support investigator-initiated research among FHC investigators and staff, over time fostering development of principal investigators at the FHC.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for reporting on FHC performance improvement activities that have the potential for being written up and published
- Foster research communication and coordination that will support compliance and enhance the success of clinical research conducted at the FHC
- Serve as the point of contact for FHC investigators and staff with the NYU Langone Healths Office of Science and Research, the Clinical and Translational Science Institute, and Institutional Review Board
- Ensure research compliance and training of FHC investigators
- Oversee and monitor the clinical research portfolio of the FHC
- Working with the clinical lead for research in the FHC, build and maintain strong relationships with Department of Population Health Department administrators and investigators
- Serve as the principal liaison to facilitate the development and implementation of research projects that involve FHC patients or staff with NYUSoM, external organizations and public health agencies
- Support strategic planning and development efforts to obtain grant, foundation and/or philanthropic funding on behalf of the FHC.
- To qualify you must have a Doctoral degree (PhD, EdD, DrPH or equivalent) in public health, psychology, epidemiology or related fields or Masters degree public health, psychology, epidemiology or related fields
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in funded clinical outcomes research
- Solid track record in the development, implementation, and administration of grant awards, including subawards and contracts
- Experience in facilitating research in federally qualified health centers or safety net providers
- Experience in partnership development and community engaged research collaborations
- Strong writing skills and experience in peer review manuscript and grant writing
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage responsibilities across multiple projects and flexibility to work on emerging deadlines and needs.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work with a variety of stakeholders throughout and outside of the institution.
- Must possess efficient time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and on a self-directed basis as well as in a team setting.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit (please use the apply button below) for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient locations:
Tisch Hospital, its acute-care facility
Kimmel Pavilion, its newly opened, state-of-the-art healthcare facility
Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report since 1989.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, formerly known as Hospital for Joint Diseases, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital