Dir Business Development Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - Olathe - 54 views
This position will be part of the Process Cooling executive leadership team and will lead the full sales cycle including sales and sales support. This role reports into the President of Global Cooling and has significant runway and visibility in the organization with a previous incumbent moving to be General Manager of other businesses within SPX.
SPX Process Cooling is a leading provider of field erected cooling towers under the brand name of Marley and has one of the largest installed base in the industry. Marley has an unparalleled reputation in the industry for the highest quality products and industry-shaping innovations that in many cases have been adopted as industry standards. Process Cooling goes to market through a combination of direct sales as well as an extensive rep network across the Americas. Process Cooling also has one of the largest and most reputed engineering and construction capabilities in the industry and is more vertically integrated than any other industry player. This provides it significant advantage in the market in terms of highly customized solutions to customer needs, best in class lead times and field service and industry leading quality.
This role will lead the Americas Process Cooling sales team comprising of the Regional Sales Managers and Key Account Managers and will be responsible for driving profitable growth. In addition, this role leads the proposal team which is responsible for developing proposals for the largest opportunities from initial budget through close of order. The key metrics for this role include: booking for new tower and the reconstruction of field erected cooling towers and associated aftermarket parts and service, margin expansion, and P&L growth. The incumbent is a key contributor to the Cooling Americas leadership team, closely collaborating with Product Management, Operations and other functions to drive growth by shaping the business unit's commercial presence while developing and mentoring direct reports and other members of the team. Success in this role requires exceptional extensive knowledge of relevant products, markets, applications and the representative sales channel and an aggressive pursuit of financial goals.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and Implement Go-to-Market Strategy to drive profitable growth
- Prioritize most attractive markets, verticals and key accounts
- Define the most effective Go-to-Market strategy including Channel Strategy to capture the prioritized opportunities
- Solicit and analyze customer feedback to drive improvements in product performance and strengthen value proposition
- Partner with Product Management and R&D to drive product innovations and strengthen and optimize the Sales Network
- Lead the Regional Sales Managers to improve win-rate by developing and implementing plans to deepen customer relationships, improve customer service and better manage sales funnel
- Assess channel partners and strengthen or upgrade as needed
- Drive profitable year-over-year sales growth
- Drive year-over-year revenue and margin growth in line with company expectations
- Accurately forecast revenue and bookings
- Lead the sales team by being personally involved in deepening customer relationships, developing sales strategies to improve win-rate and helping close deals as needed
- Engage cross-functional teams (together with Director of Operations) to ensure superior customer service, achievement of key project milestones and on-time contract execution
- Provide forecasts and outlooks to support operations and meet financial targets
- Talent development
- Play a key leadership role in the team
- Provide individual career development opportunities and coaching
- Provide a solid platform for employees to advance through the commercial organization
- Lead and drive continuous improvement of proposal development team and processes
- Oversee accuracy of project quotes and quality of proposals
- Lead the proposal team by managing technical and commercial information, budgetary quotes and firm quotes
- Manage and assist with field sales calls, formal presentations and bid qualification meetings
- Manage the sale steam to prepare and support the Process Cooling large transaction strategy and contract reviews
- Drive continuous improvement of processes related to proposals, technical data, project handoff and contract review
- Develop and implement pricing strategies to grow profitability
- Develop pricing strategies to optimize margin
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve pricing strategies and drive pricing discipline
- Develop and deploy value propositions to improve win-rates and grow share
- Gather and analyze sales data (e.g. sales, margin, win/loss ratio)
- Recommend and help implement improvements on an ongoing basis
- Identify attractive opportunities to drive profitable growth including new markets, products and accounts
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers, engineers, contractors and other purchasing decision influencers
- Participate in key industry forums and associations
- Develop and support implementation of marketing strategies to improve market reputation and drive growth
- Partner with Director of Product Management to continue to innovate with the voice of the customer in mind
- Provide market intelligence and commercial diligence support for mergers and acquisitions
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Engineering or Business-related field
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of progressive, leadership experience in sales required
- 15+ years of experience preferred
- Exceptional sales management experience in direct and indirect sales channels required, preferably in engineered-to-order businesses
- Strong process orientation with experience managing complex, multi-phased and long sales cycles
- Experience in the HVAC, Engineered Solutions, or key end markets (e.g., Power, Refining, Petrochemical and Chemicals) required
- Demonstrated success in diversified environments/businesses involving cross-functional collaboration and influence
- Strategic mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with stakeholders
Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of cooling towers, evaporative fluid coolers, evaporative condensers and air cooled heat exchangers providing full-service cooling solutions and support to customers in the power generation, petrochemical, industrial, refrigeration, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) markets for more than 100 years. SPX Cooling Technologies and its Marley and Recold product brands are part of SPX Corporation.
SPX is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
Type here to search...
SPX Corporation (NYSE: SPXC) is, along with its subsidiaries, a diversified, global supplier of infrastructure equipment with scalable growth platforms in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), detection, and measurement, and engineered solutions. With operations in 17 countries and approximately $1.4 billion in annual revenue, we offer a wide array of highly engineered products with strong brands.
Are you looking for a challenge and an exciting professional career path? At SPX Corporation, we’re driven by ingenuity with a focus on meeting our customers’ needs. We seek people who share our commitment to hard work, innovation, and doing whatever it takes to serve our customers.