Digital Marketing and Content Manager - Comic Relief USA Bachelor's Degree Job6 months ago - ICT Job - New York City - 154 views
Strategic thinking and organized planning are your strong suits.
You have experience working across teams to create multi-platform campaigns that span web, social, and paid.
You enjoy an entrepreneurial environment and the ability to manage your own time.
You even have experience managing agencies and direct reports.
If you check these boxes, you’re a great fit for the role of Digital Marketing and Content Manager. Let’s talk.
This is a mid-senior role in Comic Relief USA’s growing Digital Content team. You’ll act as a partner to the Digital Director to bring web and social content strategies to life.
Through the power of entertainment, Comic Relief USA mobilizes the masses to create awareness, inspire participation, and raise money to support organizations that address the critical global issues identified within the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our organization and our work is a powerful platform to bring together the public who donate and the grantees through which funds are put to work, providing services and support to address short term needs and create long term change. We partner with organizations to amplify our collective impact through a range of campaigns, programs and grants. By creating a movement accessible to all, fueled by hope and positivity, we believe we can help create a just world, free from poverty, and full of opportunity.
Launched in the US five years ago, Comic Relief USA has raised over $260MM, mainly through its signature campaign Red Nose Day, aimed at alleviating child poverty by ensuring children in need are safe, healthy and educated. Red Nose Day is generously supported by core partners including Walgreens, NBC, and Mars Wrigley M&M’S, as well as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. With the money raised through Red Nose Day, Comic Relief USA makes grants to over 25 nonprofit partners, such as Covenant House, Save the Children and Laureus, to support programs for children living in poverty, in America across all 50 states and Puerto Rico and internationally in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Through these efforts, Red Nose Day has positively impacted nearly 25 million children in America and around the world. Comic Relief USA is a sister organization to Comic Relief UK, which has raised over $1 billion since its launch in the UK in 1988. Comic Relief was co-founded by Richard Curtis, a film writer and director, behind films such as Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Love Actually, and Mr. Bean. Richard is also a UN Sustainable Development Goals Advocate.
- Act as a partner to the Digital Director to bring web and social content strategies to life.
- Oversee the ideation and execution of web and social content, maintaining a cohesive and clear web and social content plan.
- Partner with brand, fundraising, digital, grants, new business, and partnerships teams to marry cross-department needs and goals with social and web insights and goals.
- Team Management
- Directly manage the Social Strategist and relevant contractors/seasonal hires.
- Vendors & Agencies
- Directly manage SEO consultant/agency.
- Directly manage any SEM & Paid Social consultant/agency, direct familiarity with paid social planning and delivery.
- Act as day-to-day contact on other vendor and agency relationships.
- Reporting & Listening
- Ensure regular reporting and recommendations.
- Synthesize learnings from SMEs and ensure their adequate representation in plans.
You’ll have one full time direct report at the time of your hire: the Social Strategist. You’ll also be responsible for managing our SEO consultant, and any paid social consultant or agency that is brought on for campaign execution.
We’re a small team – you’ll collaborate with almost everyone! But you’ll collaborate most with the Digital Director, Database Manager, Social Strategist, Creative Director, Grants Marketing Manager, and SME consultants, such as SEO, SEM, and paid social.
EDUCATION & BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years experience
- Hootsuite or similar content management software
- Brandwatch or similar social media listening software
- Familiarly with Google Suite, Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Drive
- Familiarity with planning and running organic and paid social media campaigns
PERSONAL QUALITIES & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great multitasking skills and the comfort handling multiple projects at once
- Ability to be efficient with resources (we’re a non-profit!)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to shift gears quickly, moving between projects seamlessly
Comic Relief USA values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of underrepresented backgrounds including with regard to race, religion, gender and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com with "Digital Marketing and Content Manager" in the subject line.