Digital Content Specialist - Society for Science & the Public Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - ICT Jobs - Washington, D.C. - 245 views
Reporting directly to Chief Communications Officer, the Digital Content Associate will be responsible for developing and maintaining accurate, impactful content for the Society’s website, member newsletters, and other communication channels, ensuring that stakeholders and the public have accurate, engaging information about our programs. The Digital Content Associate is responsible for writing news-driven and topical blog posts as well as coordinating evergreen content. The position requires constant cross-departmental coordination, with a particular emphasis on collaboration with the Marketing team. The Digital Content Associate must be an excellent storyteller, even under deadline pressure.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing regularly to the Society blog, including attending Society events and competitions for blog coverage.
- Pitching story ideas to media and securing coverage.
- Maintaining contact databases and developing media lists.
- Coordinating content for the Society’s website, including updating staff and leadership pages, press releases and other pages as needed.
- Managing the Society’s monthly member newsletters, including creating content, scheduling the send and tracking analytics
- Producing and sending the monthly staff newsletter
- Providing social media support
- Travel to all science competitions organized by the Society for Science & the Public is mandatory.
- Monitoring relevant print, broadcast, and online coverage of Society issues and events.
- Assisting with drafting press releases.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write well on tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and high standard of work output.
- High level of professionalism and time management skills.
- Proficiency in software and computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Photoshop, Wordpress, additional software applications as needed.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to needs of the communications team
- A flexible, collaborative and collegial work style.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required
- 1 to 3 years experience required
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Emails should include “Digital Content Associate” in the subject line. They can be addressed to Gayle Kansagor, Chief Communications Officer. No phone calls please.
To learn more about Society for Science & the Public, please visit www.societyforscience.org.