Digital and Social Media Coordinator Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Education / Teaching Job - Joplin - 101 views
General Statement of Job
Digital and social media coordinator will serve as the lead for the university’s social channels and digital marketing. They will act as a direct line of contact for MSSU in matters concerning social media and digital marketing strategy execution. They will craft story-driven digital and social media content that both enhances and supports Missouri Southern State University’s brand, while also resonating with our various audiences. The digital and social media coordinator will work with the University Relations and Marketing (URM) Director to develop long and short-term goals to support enrollment and growth of brand awareness, and partner with the URM team to optimize communications channels.
Duties will include planning, implementing, and monitoring digital and social marketing campaigns across all digital networks. The ideal candidate is someone with experience in marketing, social media management and graphic design. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, they should also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Collaborate with marketing, admissions and alumni leadership to develop and execute digital marketing, posting and content strategies that support recruitment, branding and alumni campaigns
Work with marketing leadership, academic departments and URM team to define social media stories and narratives that both support the strategic initiative and resonate with end users
Highlight program-specific information when communicating with prospective students including graduation rates, rankings of the programs and credentials of professors
Expand social media outreach and showcase attractive campus/quality services
Research, write, design and publish engaging materials for social platforms that are captivating, relevant, on brand, authentic and promote MSSU
Create, support and schedule social content calendar with daily/weekly posts to promote brand awareness to MSSU’s audiences on social platforms
Support SEO and SEM initiatives through optimization of social media strategies and inbound marketing to improve website traffic from social channels and generate leads
Develop and grow ambassador and influencer programs in support of strategic goals
Develop and maintain a consistent brand voice in all communications and postings
Work with partner agencies to develop content, leverage existing campaigns and outline organic and paid posting strategies
Report on KPIs and progress and interpret analytics according to stated goals
Develop and execute an ongoing strategy to communicate university goals and procedures with anyone that has a university social account on any platform
Development and reinforcement of official university policies that relate to social media platforms
Advise faculty, staff and students on best practices for social media posts to help ensure accurate and on-brand posting across all university platforms
Hire, train and manage work study students to assist with generating content for social media platforms
Recommend procedure modifications or improvements
Improve documentation of processes and systems
Pursue self-education and development to enhance skills and abilities
Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Licenses
Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, English, journalism, communications or closely related field
Minimum of two years of work-related skill, experience in communications or marketing, focused on social media; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in higher education, non-profit, or for-profit social enterprise preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Intermediate to expert level experience with social platforms and programs included but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, video platforms (YouTube preferred), Snapchat, TikTok, Flickr and Sprout Social
- Knowledge and proficiency using Adobe and Microsoft Office programs – Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Apps; able to learn new software
- Ability to create inventive and effective marketing material
- Demonstrate grasp of what makes content sticky/shareable/viral
- Ability to create highly engaging content using video and photos
- Strong interest in current media and social media trends
- Knowledge of current cultural and technology trends
- Able to write content for a variety of audiences and platforms, with the ability to speak to several different topic areas and maintain branding and tone
- Able to work professionally and build trust at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals, both internally and externally
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage time and prioritize efforts; able to meet deadlines and work on and prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong editing and proofreading skills are a must
- Website expertise is a plus
- Knowledge of higher education preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel including the use of a computer keyboard; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear including the use of a telephone. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact Human Resources to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. An employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential function of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Have you heard about the awesome benefits of working for MSSU? Check out our phenomenal benefits package by clicking here.