Development Director - Black Girls CODE Bachelor's Degree Job7 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - New York City - 166 views
Black Girls CODE is much more than just a coding organization- this is a movement! We are looking for a visionary and focused leader to join us during this exciting period of expansive growth. Our Development Director will play a key role on the BGC Team as we scale our programs across the West Coast and beyond. We’re looking for a proven leader who will plan and organize fundraising activities, manage the development budget and steward meaningful and lasting relationships on a national level. This is a new position in the organization, and the Development Director will have the opportunity to build out the development function. This role will work from either the Oakland or New York office and report directly to our Executive Director (ED).
● In partnership with the ED and Board of Directors, the Development Director will establish annual fund development goals, potential donors, and a fund development strategy
● Establish and manage annual fundraising and communications calendars, including deadlines for grant reporting and applications, as well as communications internally and externally
● Prepare regular reports on development progress against targets and work with the ED and Development Team to ensure revenue and fundraising targets are met
● Meet with donors, conduct presentations and share organization’s mission and impact with confidence, enthusiasm and passion
● Research prospects, develop leads, submit grants and funding requests, and close contributions
● Oversee, contribute and finalize the development of innovative and compelling proposals and grant reports that are developed in coordination with program directors, partnership manager, contractors and grant writers
● Manage the implementation of donor management systems, and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
● Prepare materials and talking points for ED in preparation for funder meetings
● Manage development committee and support the Board of Directors with individual fundraising plans
● Deepen current relationships and develop new funder relationships with high net worth individual donors, foundations and corporations
● Maintain foundation relationships in coordination with ED
● Attend, assist and represent BGC at various key fundraising events/functions, speaking engagements, tours, and other programs
● Direct individual giving programs and initiatives , including End of Year Appeal, Giving Tuesday, and other funding initiatives
● Develop vision and coordinate inaugural annual fundraising event and plan for smaller scale fundraising events throughout the year
● Work closely with ED and board of directors on strategy for developing and initiating a 5- year capital plan QUALIFICATIONS The Development Director will be a seasoned professional with 7-10+ years of experience in grant management including financials, budgets, deliverables, grant-writing and reporting. The strongest candidate will have a demonstrated track record in generating revenue from a variety of sources including government, foundations, corporations and partners. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small and growing team in a dynamic startup environment. BGC’s annual operating budget is about $3 million dollars and the goal of the Development Director in partnership with the Executive Director and Development Team will be to develop a strategy that doubles the operating budget to $6 million over the next 3-5 years in addition to preparing for the launch of a new Capital Giving Campaign in 2019.
● 7-10 years of fundraising, grant-making and development experience
● Exceptional organizational skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment
● Experience cultivating internal and external constituencies and building long-term relationships with diverse stakeholders to achieve broad, mutually satisfying goals
● Excellent interpersonal communication and persuasive communication skills including public speaking abilities
● High cultural competence with experience serving diverse populations and disengaged youth from under-resourced communities
● Integrity, maturity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to BGC’s mission
● Ability to work both independently with a minimum of supervision and effectively in a team environment, including delegating tasks
● Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, google drive, basic social media, and fundraising database
● Experience with Salesforce database, a plus
● Undergraduate and/or advanced degree preferred
● Travel required 10-15%; COMPENSATION Position is open immediately and target salary range is between $85,000 - $120,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates should complete our applicant assessment using the BGC intake portal at Link. Please upload a copy of your cover letter and resume via the portal and complete the assessment. We will only respond to qualified applicants who complete the assessment on the applicant portal. Black Girls CODE is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, gender identity, disability, size, or sexual orientation. Applicants of color and those who will increase the diversity of BGC are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
1736 Franklin Street, 10th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612