Development & Communications Assistant - The Wetlands Initiative High School Diploma Job11 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - Chicago - 281 views
The Development & Communications Assistant will be part of a small, collaborative fundraising and communications team that supports TWI’s regional ecological restoration projects. This full-time position with benefits includes a range of functions related to the nonprofit’s fundraising activities, as well as some general administrative support for the organization’s 10-person downtown Chicago office. The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality for interactions with donors, sponsors, and other supporters. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled at multitasking and managing priorities independently; have strong computer skills including familiarity with database software; possess strong communications skills both verbal and written; and demonstrate consistent and strong attention to detail. These functions will be carried out mostly during normal office hours and mostly at the Chicago office; some regional travel and evening/weekend hours will be required, particularly in summer and fall. The Development & Communications Assistant will report to the Director of Development & Communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Maintain and update a fundraising database and donor files.
· Generate reports from the database.
· Perform donor and grant research.
· Manage execution of mass mailings to donors.
· Assist with grant proposals and reports.
· Interact with donors and other supporters.
· Assist with fundraising and volunteer events.
· Contribute to newsletters and other communications efforts.
· Provide communications and logistics support for the board of directors and its committees and meetings.
· Monitor TWI’s general voicemail account and assist with general office routines.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development & Communications.
Health insurance including dental (15% employee share of the monthly premiums).
Paid time off on major holidays, annual paid vacation and sick days.
Short-term disability and term life insurance paid by the employer. 403(b) retirement plan with limited employer match for employee contributions.
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE BEING ACCEPTED THROUGH MARCH 13, 2020.
Send a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the organization’s office mailing address. No phone inquiries, please.
53 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60604