Development Associate At Food Allergy Research & Education Bachelor's Degree Job6 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - New York City - 239 views
Reporting to Director of Special Events, the Development Associate will help shape the implementation of a robust fundraising strategy and ongoing advancement of our mission and vision through fundraising. He/she will be working closely with the Special Events, Corporate Partnerships, Major Gifts, and Individual Giving teams in achieving their goals.
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with organizing and executing special events, including managing invitation lists and RSVPs, working with vendors and venues on contract processing, event staffing, as well as managing timelines and budget recap of expenses for events and liaises with Finance to ensure systematic recording & reconciliation.
- Process and track corporate partnership agreements, ensuring compliance.
- Conduct and provide research on prospective donors, partners, and event attendees.
- Assist in managing information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition and invoices.
- Help coordinate all administrative aspects of corporate and major gift solicitations including research, spreadsheet tracking, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support all development department team members.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments ahead of schedule.
- High level of professionalism, creativity, and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational, logistical and administrative skills.
- Ability to ensure accuracy in documentation and data.
- A team player with a positive attitude; comfortable working with all levels of staff.
- Flexibility in varied job assignments.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 3-5 years of experience with fundraising, events, or related activities, preferably for a nonprofit
- Proficient in the use of various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel and Outlook; Basecamp experience helpful.
- Database management experience preferred; Salesforce experience highly preferred.