Development Assistant - Root NS Inc Relevant Educational Qualifications Job7 months ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - Salem - 152 views
The Development Assistant role is part-time (10-20 hours per week) and reports to the Development and Communications Director and Executive Director. This is a great opportunity for a personable, detail-oriented individual committed to Root’s mission to join an entrepreneurial and growing organization. Occasional early mornings/evenings for select events may be required. The Development Assistant opportunity at Root is a non-exempt, hourly position.
Role & Responsibilities:
Donor administration and data management -
● Responsible for Root’s donor management system data entry and data upkeep
● Work with Development and Communications Director to ensure donor acknowledgment and thank you letters are sent in a timely basis throughout the year
● Maintain gift documentation (photocopying, filing) as necessary
Volunteer coordination -
● Assist Development and Communications Director with coordinating volunteer projects on an ongoing basis
● Track volunteer hours and collect feedback to improve Root’s volunteer experience
● Coordinate volunteer appreciation and gratitude throughout the year
Event support -
● Help support Root’s event series, including quarterly youth-led dinners, and a signature annual event for 400+ community supporters, donors, sponsors, and friends.
● Assist with label development and production for Root products
● Maintain Root Cafe’s public bulletin board to ensure current information and messaging
● Assist with ongoing communications as well as projects to raise awareness, thank customers, etc.
● Support execution of direct mail solicitations, including assembly, mailing, and tracking
● Manage and inventory Root’s supply of printed materials for donors and general audience of community supporters
● Assist with other development-related tasks as-needed
§ Strong organizational, writing, and communication skills
§ Ability to work independently, sensitive to timeliness and responsiveness necessary to meet the information needs of a fast-moving, dynamic organization
§ Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office
§ Ability to provide strong customer service to internal stakeholders and external constituents
§ Commitment to foster and support Root’s mission
§ Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
§ One year of experience in non-profit fundraising or event planning preferred
§ Database experience preferred
Working conditions & physical requirements:
§ Ability to lift 20 pounds
§ Visual and hearing acuity to perform job-related functions
§ Local travel sometimes required
The Development Assistant role is a part-time position (at this time) and, as such, may not qualify for the full range of benefits that Root strives to provide for full time employees. Sick time will be available on a pro-rated basis based on scheduled work hours each week.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English, written and spoken.
How to Apply
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Faith Emerson, Development and Communications Director at Root via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The youth and communities served by Root are diverse, and we aspire to reflect that diversity in our staff. Root strives to have the most diverse applicant pool possible; to that end, we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for any position at Root. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we seek to provide the best training experience and employment environment for Root Trainees and alumni, and ensure they are prepared to succeed in the 21st century workplace.
35 Congress Street, Salem, MA 01970