Development and Evaluation Associate - Community Financial Resources Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Sales / Retail / Business Development Jobs - Berkeley - 216 views
Community Financial Resources (CFR) is looking for a Development & Evaluation Associate who wants to roll up their sleeves and advance their skills within an organization dedicated to creating a more just financial marketplace. The Associate will have primary responsibility for grant administration and reporting duties while managing important details necessary to well-functioning fundraising efforts. The position also acts as CFR’s administrative manager and is great for someone who enjoys being a Jill or Jack of all trades while applying analytical thinking and strong project management.
As CFR grows, we need a passionate Associate who can be part of a dedicated team shaping the future of our organization. This position is for someone in the San Francisco Bay Area looking for an opportunity to build the financial power of low-income communities and be part of a team that is committed to social good.
Community Financial Resources (CFR) is a national economic justice organization that provides solutions for financial inclusion by:
- researching and conducting due diligence analysis of financial products and providers,
- developing or sourcing consumer-friendly financial products, tools, and services for low-income and financially marginalized people,
- creating unique distribution networks through entities already serving low-income communities,
- providing education and information supports to help consumers effectively use money management tools and escape the predation of high-cost financial services.
CFR leverages the buying power of our broad constituency to promote equity in the financial marketplace.
The Associate position will report to CFR’s Deputy Director and, with the support of CFR’s Development Consultant, coordinate fundraising and grant management logistics. The ideal candidate is disciplined and passionate about the financial inclusion of low-income people. We are seeking someone who can see the big picture goals of each project, find the alignment of CFR and funder priorities, and translate that intersection into persuasive materials for external audiences including institutional funders, individual donors, corporate and private foundations. Previous fundraising experience is a plus.
- Working with CFR’s Executive Director and Development Consultant, coordinate the logistics of fundraising and grant management for the organization,
- Organize responses to funding opportunities, working closely with Program teams to gather guidance and information on key proposal questions,
- Coordinate submission of funding proposals and all required attachments,
- Monitor proposal focus, goals and implementation plan in order to ensure that proposals are aligned with CFR approach and priorities and tracking progress,
- Lead grant contract management and reporting, including overseeing reporting calendar and off-cycle funder updates, writing reports, and coordinating across teams to gather all necessary information and documents in the grant process,
- Ensure grant or gift stewardship, including acknowledgements and appropriate recognition,
- Support funder relationship management, including preparing high-quality materials and presentations for ED and Board on CFR programs and impact, and coordinating next steps and follow-up as needed,
- Work with Development Consultant to research funders and prospective funders to better understand their priorities and identify new funding opportunities for CFR,
- Participate in key funder meetings and internal project management meetings in order to stay up to speed on key funded projects and programs that are fundraising,
- Other duties as needed to professionally administer CFR’s day-to-day operations.
- Bachelor’s degree and work experience relevant to CFR’s mission to help low- and moderate-income people and communities achieve financial inclusion,
- Excellent writing and data visualization skills, ability to translate ideas and projects into clear and compelling narrative,
- Strong interpersonal communications skills,
- Familiarity with grant writing and reporting for institutional funders whether directly as a fundraiser or indirectly as program or communications staff at a nonprofit,
- Comfortable with program data collection and evaluation,
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects at once, work productively with team members, and to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, VISIO and PowerPoint,
- Experience with CRM, list, and grant management platforms,
- Knowledge of consumer financial services, financial counseling and education, and/or community development financial a plus.
Community Financial Resources maintains a “virtual” office environment with team members working remotely and periodically meeting on-site, as needed.
Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 11 paid holidays and 21 PTO days per year, work primarily from home office.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume with subject line: Development and Evaluations Associate Application to email@example.com