Dean of the College of Health Sciences Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Education / Teaching Job - Joplin - 89 views
Dean, College of Health Sciences
Missouri Southern State University (MSSU) invites applications for the position of Dean of the College of Health Sciences. MSSU seeks a dynamic and visionary leader with a strong record of academic accomplishment and a forward-looking vision to prepare the College for ongoing success in the constantly changing fields of the health professions.
Missouri Southern State University (MSSU) is a four-year liberal arts institution serving approximately 4,400 students. Internationally-focused semesters and enriching cultural events in theater, art, music, and film create an engaging learning environment for students and citizens of the region. MSSU is located in Joplin, MO, which is considered to be the Crossroads of America, and serves as the commercial hub for the four states area. Joplin is a resilient, vibrant, and growing city with a population of over 52,000 serving a combined metro area of 210,000 and a market area of over 350,000 people in Missouri, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Parks, sports, lakes, hunting, fishing, biking, and entertainment characterize the Joplin region’s quality of life. With a temperate, four-season climate, there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the outdoors from community parks, to walking and biking trails to floating down one of the many area Ozark streams. Art galleries, museums, concerts, and the variety of shopping and eateries offered throughout the region add to the year-round quality of living in the area. The Joplin area also offers a low cost of living, one of the lowest housing costs in the United States, and strong medical care with two major regional medical centers based in Joplin. Joplin schools and those in the nearby communities are some of the most recognized and respected schools in the state. There is quick and easy access to Northwest Arkansas, Kansas City, Springfield and Tulsa, as well as numerous outdoor activities and attractions throughout the Ozarks.
The Dean reports directly to the Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs and is responsible for advancing, developing, and managing the academic programs of the College. The Dean serves as the chief administrative officer of the College and the leader of its faculty. The College of Health Sciences serves approximately 600 students and offers clinical programs in Nursing (BSN), Respiratory Therapy, Radiologic Technology, EMS, and Dental Hygiene; as well as a B.S. in Healthcare Administration and a B.S. in Health Science.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external constituencies that advance student learning and promote overall College growth and development.
- Manager and leader of academic personnel, including a commitment to recruiting and successfully supporting a diverse faculty and staff
- Facilitate achievement of strategic goals
- Develop new programs and manage curriculum, including program assessment
- Plan and implement initiatives to promote enrollment growth and management of College enrollment, including recruitment, retention and completion.
- Plan and effectively manage College budgets and resources
- Promote instructional and organizational innovation and foster an entrepreneurial spirit within the College
- Maintain and seek national accreditation for all programs
- An earned doctorate or equivalent terminal degree
- Academic credentials and a record of scholarly achievement
- Administrative leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to excellence in student focused education
Apply at (please use the apply button below). Submit a confidential letter of application, vitae, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for five references. Review of applications will be ongoing until a qualified candidate is selected. Official transcripts are required 45 days after contract is issued.
MSSU is an EOE employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among faculty and staff. Employment will require a background check. MSSU is an E-verify participating employer.
Have you heard about the awesome benefits of working for MSSU? Check out our phenomenal benefits package by clicking here.