DC Engineer (Level 3)/Team Lead at Alfred & Victoria Associates HND / BA / BSc Job5 months ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Lagos - 147 views
Job Title: DC Engineer (Level 3)/Team Lead
Department: Data Centre Technical
- Their primary responsibility is to ensure the provision of a service to clients ensuring that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
- Their objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions.
- The DC Engineer L3/Team Lead focuses on ensuring all lines of support for complex incidents and in some instances will be required to lead a team of DC Engineers.
- They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors:
- The DC Engineer L3/Team Lead identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur.
- He or she will log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary stakeholders.
- They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers Organisation colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests:
- They investigate all line support calls and identify the root cause of incidents and problems to ensure proactive future management.
- They ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests.
- This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members.
- They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team.
Ensure continuous feedback:
- They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by Company’s procedures.
- When required they will take responsibility for receiving calls and incidents at the services desk.
- They assist in analyzing, assigning and escalating the support calls.
- They also provide telephonic support to clients where required.
- They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
- The DC Engineer L3/Team Lead that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity.
- They complete and maintain any shift hand hover schedules.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required.
- Effectively manage a team of DC Engineers, their resources, development and overall performance.
- 10 years’ relevant work experience.
- 8 years’ work experience as a Technical Team Leader within the Technology Industry.
- Information Technology Degree.
- CCIE Qualification Experience.
Key skills and competencies:
- Possess sound knowledge of Organisation IT infrastructure and systems.
- Possess an understanding of the operations of a Data Centre business.
- Display specialist and detailed technical expertise.
- Demonstrate good analytical thinking skills.
- Possess leadership skills.
- Demonstrate problem analysis and solution formulation skills.
- Demonstrate learning and service orientation
- Display good verbal and written communication ability.
- Display resilience and the ability to cope with pressure.
- Possess people management ability.
- Possess the ability to compile reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- DC Engineer L3/Team Lead are required to strictly comply and ensure compliance with all processes and procedures as prescribed by the Organisation and the client when relevant.
- They are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.
- They identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
- Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
Application Closing Date
3pm; 16th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.