DC Engineer (Level 2) at Alfred & Victoria Associates HND / BA / BSc Job1 week ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Lagos - 86 views
Job Title: DC Engineer Level 2
Department: Data Centre Technical
- DC Engineer (L2) is proactive in identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and restoring service to clients by managing incidents to resolution.
- Their primary objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions.
- The DC Engineer (L2) focuses on second line support for medium complexity incidents and maintains the data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
- They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors:
- The DC Engineer (L2) identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur.
- He or she will log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary.
- They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and Organisation colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests:
- They investigate second line support calls assigned to them and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- They ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests.
- This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members.
- They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions. Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 2nd line support team.
- They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by Company’s procedures.
- When required they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk.
- They assist in analyzing, assigning and escalating the support calls.
- They also provide telephonic support to clients where required.
- They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
- DC Engineers (L2) that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity.
- They complete and maintain any shift hand hover schedules.
- The DC Engineer (L2) is also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.
- They identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational and that software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
- Provide data centre support to clients which includes provisioning, asset management, monitoring, implementation, troubleshooting and support for data centre operations and related infrastructure.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Perform level 2 server and network troubleshooting, server rack mounting and cable patching / management.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required and update the relevant systems as per Organisation procedures.
- Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
- Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and short-comings.
- At least 4-6 years’ work experience.
- At least 4 years’ specific work experience in a relevant field.
- Previous datacentre, helpdesk, monitoring and level one server/network support required.
- Secondary School Qualification.
- CCNA/A+/N+; MCSE or relevant qualification preferred.
Key skills and competencies:
- Demonstrate solution and service knowledge.
- Possess sound knowledge of communications infrastructure and systems.
- Demonstrate problem analysis and solution formulation skills.
- Demonstrate learning and service orientation.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proactive management.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and to think innovatively.
- Display good verbal and written communication ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Possess good planning and time management ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to cope under pressure.
- DC Engineers (L2) that are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by Organisation and the client when relevant.
- Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
- They are able to multi-task and demonstrate good client service orientation.
- These individuals have good problem-solving skills in data centre related operations.
Application Closing Date
3pm; 16th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.