Customer Support and Pricing Intern (Summer 2021) - Londonderry, NH Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Shelton - 126 views
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10 to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Opportunities for Customer Support interns can vary from working/shadowing Customer Service Reps & Pricing Analysts, learning about our customers and their needs, working with back-office support, and helping improve our customer satisfaction.
Customer Support Interns will work alongside the customer service & pricing teams to support our customers and improve processes. They will spend time shadowing operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities will vary by Hubbell business location, but may include the following:
- Gained knowledge of the industry as it pertains to the Hubbell business location
- Experience in planning and organizational skills
- Review current customer service processes to make recommendations for changes/improvement opportunities
- Apply lean principles such as A3 & Pareto
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detailed roles and responsibilities will be outlined dependent on business Group, location and the project outlined
- Expectations: The intern will be expected to work full-time at 40 hours/week and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
Skills and Experience
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business (e.g. Operations Management, Economics, Business Administration, Audit, Management)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.