Custom Applicator Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Agriculture / Agro-Allied Jobs - Imperial - 84 views
The custom applicator is responsible for correctly customizing and applying dry fertilizers to our customer's fields and operating all applicator equipment including performing maintenance on the equipment.
What your day may look like
- Recommends and applies pesticides and fertilizers by driving and operating various vehicles and equipment.
- Maintains accurate log books on applicated acres.
- Performs maintenance and calibration on application equipment.
- Follows up on weed control in sprayed areas.
- Wears proper protection equipment
- Participates in continuing education for maintaining pesticide applicator license.
- Attends applicator equipment workshops.
- Performs maintenance on other equipment and fixed facilities.
- Pulls soil samples
- Mixes dry and liquid fertilizer.
- Picks up and delivers farm chemicals, fertilizer and seed.
- Makes sales calls to customers.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by leader.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
Education and experience needed for this position
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in operating large equipment is required.
- CDL and pesticide license is required.
- In some states, additional licenses or certifications may be required as per specific contracts.
Other skills that will help you succeed:
- Mechanically inclined.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of ag pesticides and weed identification.
- Excellent driving record.
- Accurately reads field maps.
- Professional competence to safety.
- Ability to pass a CDL physical examination.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to pass a drug test.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Your work environment and the physical aspects of the job
At Helena, safety is our highest priority. We seek out extensive safety measures and put them in place to minimize exposure to anything that could be potentially harmful to our employees.
The work environment for this position is that of a typical outdoor setting in all types of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements. When working outdoors and possibly around moving equipment/mechanical parts, the employee may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, chemical and biological hazards, vibrations and a risk of electrical shock. This position requires you to use your hands for many different tasks and to talk, hear, walk, stand, and sit. You may be occasionally required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Who we are
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC is one of the nation's foremost agronomy solutions providers. We rank near the top nationally in volume and sales for crop production products, fertilizer, custom application, seed and precision agriculture, turf management, industrial weed control, forestry, aquatics and more. As a solutions provider, we help our customers make critical decisions about soil variability, nutrient and water availability, seed selection and pest management. We take pride in working with our growers beyond the sale, helping them in every aspect of their business.
Helena operates under several main business groups -- Helena Products Group, AGRIntelligence, Helena Industries, LLC and Diversified Applications, Inc.
Helena is a special place to be
At Helena, we are family. Our employees take care of each other and support each other at work and in their personal life. Our family-like atmosphere creates a positive work environment that allows our employees to be high-performers because they feel comfort and compassion from their manager and work team. Our family-like culture is centered on our successful business model "People...Products...Knowledge." People being the first for good reason. When our employees are treated right and feel cared for, our customers thrive and our business grows.
Helena's commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Helena, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where all our employees feel safe, valued and have the opportunity to succeed. We embrace different backgrounds and human experiences because our customers are also diverse. When we all show deep appreciation for each other and our customers it builds trust that strengthens Helena and keeps us competitive.
Helena supports individuals with disabilities and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform job responsibilities.
Stay connected to Helena
For the latest job postings and company news, please visit us at (please use the apply button below).
Helena is an equal opportunity employer. Helena is committed to the spirit and letter of all federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to equal opportunity. To this end, Helena does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Type here to search...
Helena Agri-Enterprises, LLC, headquartered in Collierville, Tennessee, is one of the foremost agronomic solutions providers in the United States. Helena markets and sells inputs that improve agricultural productivity for greater customer returns. This includes seed and seed treatments, fertilizer and application services, crop protectants, financial services and precision ag services. Helena also has its own line of products through Helena Products Group, which includes adjuvants, crop protection products, fertilizers, crop production products and seed treatments. Helena’s theme of People…Products…Knowledge… reinforces the company’s commitment to helping customers succeed through knowledgeable and dedicated people, useful and unique products and the latest proven technologies.