Custodian - Hourly Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Tacoma - 148 views
This is an hourly position responsible to perform custodial tasks to maintain cleanliness and care of facilities at Tacoma Community College.
- Clean and sanitize college facilities including public access areas, restrooms, toilets, shower rooms and fixtures in accordance with established procedures and standards; refill restroom dispensers.
- Clean whiteboards; dust and wipe furniture; sweep, mop or vacuum floors; wash windows; empty wastebaskets, trash, and recycle containers; replace light bulbs; and set clocks.
- Use equipment and hand tools such as vacuum, broom, mop, squeegee, cleaning of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, fixture, etc.
- Follow written and/or verbal instructions regarding use of chemicals, supplies and equipment; comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Move and store supplies and materials.
- Reports to work on time and works regular schedules with consistent attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Physical ability to do the work. (See conditions of employment)
- Six months of detailed custodial experience.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- Must have demonstrated dependability at work.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate efficiently in English.
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to lift/move garbage bags and recycling boxes weighing up to 50lbs, and push/roll recycling bins, carpet cleaners, buffers etc. weighing up to 100lbs.
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb and balance on ladders (up to 8 ft) to replace light bulbs, wash windows, dust, set clocks etc.
- Willing and able to work in adverse conditions such as rain, fog, ice, snow, wind, extreme temperatures (heat or cold), and in small, cramped spaces.
- Willing to work in teams or individually in daily work or on projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Excellent customer service skills; including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Understand and follow applicable laws, regulations, and other standards to establish and/or maintain a safe work environment.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, safety practices, chemicals, equipment and supplies used in general custodial work.
- Willing and able to handle (apply, store, transport, distribute) chemicals or toxic substances safely.
- Ability to focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Identify what needs to be done and proactively takes appropriate action.
- Ability to accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Cover letter and Resume .
Terms of Employment
This is an hourly position scheduled to work between 5:00 pm to 1:30 am, up to 16 hours per week. The work hours may vary to meet the needs of the department. The pay rate is $14.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Public Employees Association or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
(see application details) style="font-family: Verdana"> Benefits not applicable.