Creative Pastry Chef - Prixair Any Educational Level Job2 weeks ago - Cook / Catering / Confectionery Job - Abuja - 706 views
- We are searching for an experienced Pastry Chef for our restuarant. As a Pastry Chef, you will be responsible for preparing a wide variety of delicacies such as desserts, pies, pastries and other sweet delicacies.
- Your talent in baking high-quality delights should be in line by your creativeness to develop new wonderful tastes and recipes. You should be experienced in culinary skills with a desire for sweet and delightful creations. You should be a creative individual and have a knack to decorate pastries and cakes with fondant as well as icings toppings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and manage the pastry section of a kitchen, working together with the other chefs.
- Prepare a variety of baked goods (pies, tarts, sponges, cupcakes, chocolates, cookies, biscuits, croissants, ice creams, sorbets, creams, sauces, custards, appetizers and petit fours).
- Decorate and present pastries and baked goods in a tasteful and beautiful way
- Make an extensive variety of baked goods such as cakes, cookies, tarts, bread etc. following both the old-style and modern recipes
- Make new and stirring desserts to revamp our menus and involve the attention of customers.
- Decorate pies using diverse icings, glazes etc. to make sure the appearance will be beautiful and tempting.
- Monitor the baking stocks like ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and place suitable and timely orders according to the budget.
- Guide and motivate Pastry Assistants during their training process.
- Cross check if the quality material and equipment are being used or not.
- Direct and motivate helpers and bakers to work more professionally.
- Research on new recipes and try baking them for our bakery.
- Monitor and order ingredients, supplies and equipment.
- Meet with customers to discuss custom-made desserts or baked goods for special occasions.
- Ensure the bakery section of the kitchen adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Develop new seasonal recipes and menus and keep up with the latest trends.
- Certificate in Culinary Arts, Pastry-making, Baking or relevant field.
- Established experience as a Pastry Chef or a Baker.
- Excessive consideration to detail and creativity.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- In-depth information about hygiene principles.
- Good communication skills.
- Should be a team player with demonstrable leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only Abuja residents should apply.
- Apply with picture samples of what you have done or a link to your page where we can see your work.
- Applicants who do not meet the above should not bother applying.